Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Computer Port Names are now "MRCC" only
Latest FW (1.1.052) seems to change the way the MIDI ports in the computer are named.

Now ALL the ports are named "MRCC", where the previous version named them "MRCC Port #" (where # is port number)

Some software seem to be able to deal with that (doing their own suffix to distinguish them) (Bitwig & Ableton).
Some other software is now confused (unusable), as it expects a unique name per port.

Could we please have the old naming scheme back?

Best,
Joris
We're definitely still ironing some things out with the USB port enumeration, and for most users that won't cause any problems, in this case however it may be advisable to revert to a previous firmware version until we flatten out the kinks. The older versions can be found here:

https://conductivelabs.com/forum/showthr...p?tid=1583

I'll try and get in touch and have you test the feature once we do get it. Which platform are you trying using the MRCC with, Mac?
Jesse
(05-07-2022, 04:05 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: We're definitely still ironing some things out with the USB port enumeration, and for most users that won't cause any problems, in this case however it may be advisable to revert to a previous firmware version until we flatten out the kinks. The older versions can be found here:

I'll try and get in touch and have you test the feature once we do get it. Which platform are you trying using the MRCC with, Mac?
Jesse

I reverted back to v1.041 to have the ports getting back to unique names.

Yes, I'm on Mac. Thanks for getting back to me.
To add a little of my experience here (have communicated much of it elsewhere), on my Win 10 PC using Studio One 5, the FW ...044 was allowing the system to recognize 2 sets of 12 ports, A and B, for my two routers, so long as they were powered on first.  In ...51 that changed to one set of 24 ports (all 'B') that stayed consistent enough to use repeatedly, only needing to change assignments once for the new scheme.  As of ...52, the ports generally are the same as in ...51, except not every time, probably 75%, give or take.  When the DAW loads with errors due to changed ports after initial power-up, a reboot of the PC has consistently solved the confusion and reverted the ports to the regular (for now) 1-24B scheme.
Just wanted to bump this - any chance that a firmware update will add differentiation between the PC port names on Mac? Having them all read "MRCC" makes troubleshooting rather difficult
Thanks for checking in. I don't think this one is solved yet, so probably not in the next fw, but I know we're discussing the issue with someone who may be able to help. If there's anything to report I'll let you know here.
(05-17-2023, 06:02 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: Thanks for checking in. I don't think this one is solved yet, so probably not in the next fw, but I know we're discussing the issue with someone who may be able to help. If there's anything to report I'll let you know here.

I hope you have success in this, as it's the one thing commonly slowing down my progress when booting up for a session.  Recently I gave an update in the thread "New Firmware Release v1.1.068" so I won't repeat all that here.  Usually, the port letters in the DAW get changed (either none, A or B), but the suffixes (none and "(2)") consistently match with my units named A and B; today, though they reversed, so no suffix was B and (2) was A, even through a few reboots.
(05-07-2022, 04:05 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: We're definitely still ironing some things out with the USB port enumeration, and for most users that won't cause any problems, in this case however it may be advisable to revert to a previous firmware version until we flatten out the kinks. The older versions can be found here:

Jesse

Ay update on this, this seems to be pretty important to know clearly and quickly the port.
As a potential new user, I think this point is critical ! I cannot risk ports swaps...

For the moment I'm using a mioxl which misses splits option and preset recall via pchange from anything but daw.

The way they solved this problem @iconnectivity, is by allowing ports reservation for connected devices.

For exemple if you connect several usb keyboards ports will be attributed in the order of connection, but if reserved, a port, will only be attributed to the device you have reserved it for. This allows stable fixed architecture, along freedom to connect ever changing devices around.

Dunno if that is applicable here.
I don't know either but I will pass the info along to the Dev. Thanks for the suggestion.