Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote 7 ports: filter out messages
Question 
Hi,

we have our Remote 7 plugged in and working great. It's a blast.

However. I'm trying to find the out ports of the Remote 7 in the out port filter screen. I see the 12 hard out ports, the 4 USB ports, the PC ports... and that's it. Can the messages leaving the Remote 7 not be filtered?
I believe the only way to filter ports to the Remote 7 is when mirroring 1-5 currently.
(03-06-2022, 07:04 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: I believe the only way to filter ports to the Remote 7 is when mirroring 1-5 currently.

Okay. Thanks Jesse.
Is this something that might be added in the future? I purchased the Remote 7 to control a distant table of sequencers that only need clock. If not, could I simply chain a thru box on a normal port that leads to the sequencer table? Thanks!
(05-04-2022, 10:38 PM)jpstock Wrote: Is this something that might be added in the future? I purchased the Remote 7 to control a distant table of sequencers that only need clock. If not, could I simply chain a thru box on a normal port that leads to the sequencer table? Thanks!

The quickest (and cheapest and cleanest) answer is a thru box and filter everything but clock on the MRCC port where it's connected.
I use the Erica thru box for exactly that. Works perfect.
I use the 7 for building a midi “isle” needing only 1 rj45 instead of din/usb midi spaghetti.
As our setup is built, we would very much benefit from the ports on the 7 having the same filtering options as the main unit's. Also, I don't remember seeing the information stating that they don't before I ordered it, so maybe it needs to be made more salient (although I admit I may have not paid enough attention).
OK so I pitched the idea to Steve to have all the filter options that exist for normal routings also available to the remote ports and he said "Uh, you mean like this?" and opened the routing pages and showed me they're already there.

Face palm.

To get to these routings go to the routing page for the port you're routing from and either scroll with the encoder until you get past the PC ports, or for quicker navigation you can just press the "Y Guy" button and it will jump to the first active remote port routing, and you can scroll to the one you wish to edit there.
Great news! Will try asap. Thanks Jesse.