Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
send PC when preset or chord changed
here's my situation:

I'm controlling the NDLR using otherwise unheard pairs of notes in a track on a hw sequencer (in this case, a deluge).
downstream of it I have a doepfer maq which is going through a midihub to make it comply with a particular key.

(the doepfer outputs a chromatic scale, making it difficult & dangerous to use in a live situation. I've spent thirty years on this, I know!)
(also, the midihub is remapping the NDLR's drone channel onto the three channels the maq is on, so the three maq rows are being transposed by the drone note)

so... I am planning to match the presets in the midihub (8 different keys) with the eight presets in the NDLR (the same 8 different keys).

if I discover that the preset numbers are offset by one, which they sometimes are, I'll just rotate the presets differently, maybe I lose one....

anyway, getting the deluge to play these PCs at the same time & on the same track as the NDLR-controller chords.... I can't do that easily, & pinging them out from the keyboard I have would be tricky; I want it to be do-able on stage, quickly.

basically I'd like the NDLR to send a PC on its controller channel when the preset is changed, or else be configurable so that the PC is sent when the chord degree changes.

(I have a workaround, which is to use the midihub to turn the drone notes into program changes, & then apply these to itself, but it's not stable, & limits me to one octave of the drone range)

this would work my midihub & its force-to-scale to follow what the NDLR is doing, so it'll play nice with a maq or a midi'd klee (my next project!) or oberkorn or whatever.

it could also do patch changes on attached synths.... different instruments playing the different chord degrees.... imagine that with a carefully arranged orchestral patch!

I'm thinking of a relatively minimal scenario here too, the one where you just sit with the NDLR & a synth module, nothing else. something to record your jams on, of course.