Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC getting filtered even when no filters are on
I thought the preset system wasn't implemented yet? If I missed it, that's great news!
(04-04-2022, 08:19 AM)Raphie Wrote: I thought the preset system wasn't implemented yet? If I missed it, that's great news!

You can send PC to change the MRCC preset, but the sub-page on EXTRAS for PROG CHANGE was never fully defined. We thought we might have a way to create a list of MIDI message, like CCs, to send when certain program change values were received.
Steve says "doh!", took him 3 minutes to fix it. Please give it a try and reply back to this thread if it has helped.

BUG FIX:
Program Change messages fail to route when on same port as MRCC MIDI Cntrl, despite being on a different channel.

https://conductivelabs.com/forum/showthr...91#pid4391
(04-04-2022, 07:38 PM)Darryl Wrote: Steve says "doh!", took him 3 minutes to fix it. Please give it a try and reply back to this thread if it has helped.

BUG FIX:
Program Change messages fail to route when on same port as MRCC MIDI Cntrl, despite being on a different channel.

great news.  Any info on the issue where the MRCC accepted a PC request and stored the port as part of the configuration instead of ignoring it?
Could be something wasn't initialized in the default configuration?
(04-05-2022, 05:01 AM)oldgearguy Wrote:
(04-04-2022, 07:38 PM)Darryl Wrote: Steve says "doh!", took him 3 minutes to fix it. Please give it a try and reply back to this thread if it has helped.

BUG FIX:

great news.  Any info on the issue where the MRCC accepted a PC request and stored the port as part of the configuration instead of ignoring it?
Can you say some more about this one? I don't quite understand the issue. Jesse probably has it documented though, I'll check with him too. The MIDI Cntrl parameters are saved globally in the eprom, so shouldn't be effected by a patch change.

Are the MIDI Cntrl parameters configured or "off"?
If configured, are you sending a PC to the MIDI Cntrl port?
If MIDI Cntrl is off, what is happening when you send a PC?
(04-05-2022, 12:14 PM)Darryl Wrote:
(04-05-2022, 05:01 AM)oldgearguy Wrote:

BUG FIX:

Can you say some more about this one? I don't quite understand the issue. Jesse probably has it documented though, I'll check with him too. The MIDI Cntrl parameters are saved globally in the eprom, so shouldn't be effected by a patch change.

Are the MIDI Cntrl parameters configured or "off"?
If configured, are you sending a PC to the MIDI Cntrl port?
If MIDI Cntrl is off, what is happening when you send a PC?

So many questions.   lol

I had set up a User 1 preset and save dit.  Never messed with the Settings pages for the MRCC itself.
So whatever the PC port and channel are out of the box/fresh OS update, that's what they were.  (Maybe a default, maybe not set internally?  no idea at this point)

When I sent a Program change message through the MRCC (sending on port 5, destination was port 4), it somehow intercepted it and set the MRCC PC port to the port I used (5).  It did not change the channel.  I never physically scrolled to the Settings menu and set the PC port.

I have not looked at my second MRCC nor played with it the same way, so it may still be in a virgin state and if so, I'll try to get the situation to reoccur and document what all happened.
Yeah I think this was a part of this bug. I had asked Steve to disable the Port monitoring for MRCC CTRL channel and port by default and I think whatever he had done made it say it was off but it was secretly intercepting PC messages anyway. I aske Darryl about it and he said he tested passing messages with port undefined as well as channel undefined and they get through so I think you'll be in business.