Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can’t get my Prophet-10 rev4 to work on USB
I’ve installed the latest .44 fw and can’t get my Prophet-10 rev4 to work via USB. It’s in de compatibility list but no joy so far.
Anybody else got theirs working? Even if older FW pls confirm.
The Prophet listed in the tracker is the Prophet 5 I believe, rather than the 10. I have reached out to the tester who reported that success, however he has since sold that board and can't do any further testing on it for me unfortunately. I don't think it's likely that they used a different MIDI implementation on the 10, but I also can't say for sure that they didn't. Does it have DIN MIDI ports you can use to route to it?
Hi Jesse, the 5 and 10 are the same, the 10 just has an extra voice board. Yes midi works fine, usb works also fine on MioXL or class compliant in Win11.
Since I upgraded and had the 10 connected to the MioXL for the time being, I forgot wether it did work on an older version (now on FW .44) USB is just less clutter, makes things a bit cleaner.
The Prophet 5/10 rev4 doesn't work with MRCC via USB. I reported that months ago. It should be deleted from the list of compatible devices. (No problems via 5-pin MIDI.)
(05-14-2022, 04:22 PM)starfish Wrote: The Prophet 5/10 rev4 doesn't work with MRCC via USB. I reported that months ago. It should be deleted from the list of compatible devices. (No problems via 5-pin MIDI.)

I updated my MRCC to version 1.1.052 and tested the MRCC w. my P10 rev4 module and it's working 100%.
We noticed that some of the USB devices we were trying to connect were breaking some small USB rules, and causing the enumeration to fail when connecting, so Steve took out a little section of the connection testing that looks for that specific issue in the newest FW and now the devices we were testing appear to be working as expected. You may have some success with devices which initially failed. (Or not). Prophet 10 is good news. We are expecting to make some more headway with getting more devices compatible in the coming months, so hopefully there will be more reports like this to come.
Jesse