Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MRCC - USB Connections
Hey everyone, I can't get my poly D to play nicely with my mrcc when connecting via usb. All proper settings were handled in the synthtribe plugin, but when I press play it just starts the sequencer and carries one note until I stop, sometimes overloading my mrcc. Have all my other ins connected via midi cables. For some reason having issues even connecting my keystep pro via usb to ableton. Any insight would be greatly appreciated I think it might just be my misunderstanding of the routing.
Hi Maestro, Let me see if I can help sort this out for you. Can you please elaborate on what "all the proper settings" means. You mentioned all the other in are connected by DIN cables, what does that mean exactly? Other synths?
The USB host ports are specifically designed to work with MIDI Class Compliant devices, which I don't know for sure if the Poly D is or not, but I do know Steve has one so I can ask him if it works or not. Some devices just don't and we're trying to keep track of that here:
https://conductivelabs.com/mrcc-usb-host...y-tracker/
It looks like most behringer synths appear to be working, so that's encouraging.

Go ahead and give me all the details you can about the setup and I'll see if I can gain a little insight from Steve's experience.
Jesse
(01-17-2022, 10:43 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: Hi Maestro, Let me see if I can help sort this out for you. Can you please elaborate on what "all the proper settings" means. You mentioned all the other in are connected by DIN cables, what does that mean exactly? Other synths?
The USB host ports are specifically designed to work with MIDI Class Compliant devices, which I don't know for sure if the Poly D is or not, but I do know Steve has one so I can ask him if it works or not. Some devices just don't and we're trying to keep track of that here:
https://conductivelabs.com/mrcc-usb-host...y-tracker/
It looks like most behringer synths appear to be working, so that's encouraging.

Go ahead and give me all the details you can about the setup and I'll see if I can gain a little insight from Steve's experience.
Jesse

Hey thanks for the response!  okay so I have my usb from the poly d going into the mrcc midi channel 3 
via midi din I have my mpc going “in” as well as pc connection. Output I have a midi din going out to my thru 8 box, which has 7 synths connected. When opening an external instrument in ableton unsure why I dont see the poly d same with if I connect my keystep pro to my mrcc it doesnt show as a device in any of my options list yet will still trigger midi. I recently purchase a moog matriarch and same issue if not connected direct in the device doesn't appear. This becomes troubling when trying to sync arps etc. lmk if you need anymore info thanks again!