Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MRCC hardware problem
Hi!
Just received my new MRCC from the shop of Conductive labs. 4 white plastic (for the lights I assume) was loose in the plastic bag that MRCC was delivered in. Happened to anyone else? I put them back but they fall out very easily. What to do? Glue them?

Thanks!

Regards
Peter
I just responded to your email, but I'll chime in here too in case anyone else runs into this issue. Those lenses are just pressure fit, so if they're loose you'll need to give them a little bit of assistance to get them a tighter fit. Adding just the smallest amount of elmers glue or rubber cement (applied with a sewing needle or paper clip maybe) should be effective, perhaps loctite. Even a thin sliver of paper shimmed in beside the lens should be enough to wedge it in effectively, but trimming the excess may be more trouble than just using the smallest amount of glue. I'd avoid using anything as harsh as Superglue or gorilla glue though, too big of a chance to make a permanent mess. If the lens gets lost let me know via email (Support@conductivelabs.com) and we can arrange to get a replacement sent out to you.
(01-03-2022, 09:47 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: I just responded to your email, but I'll chime in here too in case anyone else runs into this issue. Those lenses are just pressure fit, so if they're loose you'll need to give them a little bit of assistance to get them a tighter fit. Adding just the smallest amount of elmers glue or rubber cement (applied with a sewing needle or paper clip maybe) should be effective, perhaps loctite. Even a thin sliver of paper shimmed in beside the lens should be enough to wedge it in effectively, but trimming the excess may be more trouble than just using the smallest amount of glue. I'd avoid using anything as harsh as Superglue or gorilla glue though, too big of a chance to make a permanent mess. If the lens gets lost let me know via email (Support@conductivelabs.com) and we can arrange to get a replacement sent out to you.

Thanks for the fast replay! Will try this.