Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clock from USB to USB?
Hello All, 

I have a JD-XA connected to USB A (which is my master clock), TR-6S connected the USB B, Little Phatty connected to USB C.  I can play the Little Phatty from the JD-XA but not the TR-6S for some reason? But the big issue is the clock & start/stop do not get sent to the TR-6S or Little Phatty? It send clock to MIDI DIN ports just fine, so the clock out is working correctly on the JD-XA.

Also, the unit seems pretty buggy overall. It's locked up several times in one day.
It's most likely that the TR-6s isn't compatible with the USB host. I've seen that with some other Roland gear, (though not all). Not sure about the Moog, I would see if it works on the DIN as well, and if not then check the settings to see if it's set up to block those messages. If USB doesn't do you right but you can get them working on DIN ports, then that's probably the best option at this point.
Jesse
(12-10-2021, 07:23 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: It's most likely that the TR-6s isn't compatible with the USB host. I've seen that with some other Roland gear, (though not all). Not sure about the Moog, I would see if it works on the DIN as well, and if not then check the settings to see if it's set up to block those messages. If USB doesn't do you right but you can get them working on DIN ports, then that's probably the best option at this point.
Jesse

If I hook the Moog and TR-6S up to the DIN ports it works.  For reference I can hook all three units directly to my computer USB hub, used MIDI-OX to route the JD-XA clock to the TR-6S and Moog and works 100% fine. So it's a USB issue in the MRCC, not the Moog and TR-6S. Sad