Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Previously saved locations turning red.
I've been saving regularly and it seems that sometimes the location will remain red for a few saves then turn green. It happens on user 1,2 and 3. The other bug of CC0 becoming CC1 in the mod section keeps happening.
I'm having the same issue. Twice now User 1 has turned red and MRCC has loaded the factory preset instead. It's not a huge issue as my setup isn't super complicated, but still very annoying. It doesn't happen commonly, as I've had the MRCC since release and this is the second time it has happened, so hard to say what's causing it.
Hi, same bug here. Sometimes, User 1 become red and after reboot, everything is lost.
I'm still getting this btw. with the latest firmware (1.1.052). Sometimes when saving, the location turns red, but if I try saving again, it usually turns green again. If I power off with the location red, it will fail to load an will load factory defaults instead.
It sounds like it could be a poorly seated or possibly faulty SD card. If you want to try replacing the card to see if that puts a stop to the issue, any micro SD over 500mb should work. (I think we use 1GB). To access the card you'll have to remove the end cap on the left hand side with a hex driver. We also recommend formatting the new card using the tool available at this link:
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatt...-download/
Once it's formatted insert the card and boot it on up. Try saving a couple presets and see if you get the same errors.
(05-12-2022, 02:43 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: It sounds like it could be a poorly seated or possibly faulty  SD card. If you want to try replacing the card to see if that puts a stop to the issue, any micro SD over 500mb should work. (I think we use 1GB). To access the card you'll have to remove the end cap on the left hand side with a hex driver. We also recommend formatting the new card using the tool available at this link:
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatt...-download/
Once it's formatted insert the card and boot it on up. Try saving a couple presets and see if you get the same errors.

I was under the impression I had done that in post #10, did I misunderstand? (I don't have access to a Windows comp).
Oh boy. sorry about that. Let's see if we can address this issue via email (and potentially a zoom call). Will you please send me a message at support@conductivelabs.com and we can go from there.
(12-15-2021, 01:17 PM)Stratblue Wrote: I have been saving my favourite templates in User 1-3 locations and numerous times now after the save operation the 'load' button greys out and the location lettering turns red indicating that it is empty despite me just having saved there and many times previous to that. Ì have started saving the same setup in all 3 locations now just in case and once it lost all 3 before I realised the significance of the red lettering. Fw 1.1.035

I had the exact same issue on 1.1.052 yesterday, two presets turned red after saving. When I checked the SD card on my mac, I saw that the preset files 002.INI and 003.INI were gone, but the IPLUT and OPLUT files for that preset were still there. I then duplicated the 001.INI (the other two were copies anyway) and popped the card back in, and everything works fine again.

To me it was not obvious that the save operation had failed, it took me 2 times to notice that. I think after a save operation the system should test if the file exists, and show a warning to the user if it doesn't to prevent the user from losing data,

It appears that users have to rely on removing the card for making backups, because there is no other way of getting the data out, so even if the root cause is a SD card that is not correctly inserted, maybe the system can take some steps to prevent data loss? Like making a copy an old preset before writing the new version, so it can be verified that writing files is possible? That way, the system could show a warning before saved data is lost.
I’m having this issue now, was anything found as a problem specifically with the cards or is it an issue with firmware? I have not tried to remove or format the current card, it’s the factory card and has not been touched since I got it a couple months ago, everything worked up till this point.
We're not sure where this issue is coming from, if you want you can send me the files from your sd card and I will pass them along to Steve and see if they shed any more light on the issue. So far we haven't been able to see the cause.
If you do want to send them, shoot them to me at support@conductivelabs.com