Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MRCC needs powercycle in fully booted windows
My issue is in windows. So it seems both suffer
(01-30-2022, 04:30 AM)starfish Wrote: I went back to the official firmware 1.039 – and it doesn't solve the problem (MRCC not recognized after disconnecting/reconnecting on Mac OS).
If anybody here is running MRCC with Mac OS and does not have the problem: Could you please let me know which MRCC firmware you are running?

Can you please tell me the OS you're running if you get a chance.
Hi Jesse,

sure. Currently I have two MacBook Pros at home, one running Monterey (Mac OS 12) the other running Big Sur (Mac OS 11). Same problem on both machines.

So far I tried MRCC firmwares 1.037, 1.039, 1.041, 1.044.
(01-22-2022, 04:03 AM)oldgearguy Wrote: I'm heading out of town this weekend, but I'll update on Monday and report back.

Yes.  If I have Audio/MIDI setup on screen, you can see it grey out and then come back live.

Did you find the time to check that? I would really appreciate it.

I'm having this issue on two MacBook Pros (OS X Monterey and Big Sur) since I received my MRCC. If you could confirm that you don't see this behaviour on High Sierra this might be helpful to solve it for more recent OS X versions.

I can live with some features being added later, but this is a serious problem in MRCC's basic functionality, which should be fixed asap.
I had a few minutes to run some tests.
Everything off; turn Mac on, bring up Audio/MIDI setup, I see MRCC-A and MRCC-B both greyed out.
The MRCCs are both connected but off. Turned on MRCC-A, a new MRCC appeared, named simply MRCC.
Turned on MRCC-B and the original MRCC-B lit up.

Then tried it with the MRCCs disconnected, various other combinations.

In my setup (MRCC OS 1.1.041, Mac Mini late 201 running High Sierra 10.13.6), MRCC-B is always recognized and either active or inactive. MRCC-A sometimes gets recognized and made active, other times it shows up as a new device simply called MRCC, so even though the Audio/MIDI app sees it, the DAW does not because it's waiting for MRCC-A to come on line.

The system always works and is always recognized properly if and only if the MRCCs are plugged into the Mac and the MRCCs are powered on first (which is what I do all the time anyway). If the computer comes on last, it's fine.

NOTE - later this week I'm upgrading my Mac Mini to a late 2018 model with Big Sur installed, so I'll be able to re-run any testing on a more current configuration.
Thanks a lot, but it's still not clear to me if you see the same behaviour as I do. Could you please:

– Connect only ONE MRCC and turn it on: It should be active (bright) in Audio/MIDI setup.
– Unplug it. Now it's grayed out.
– Replug it. Does it become active (bright) in Audio/MIDI setup without power cycling MRCC?

My problem accurs when I disconnect and reconnect MRCC from/to the computer. There's no switching things on and off involved.

Muchas gracias!
(02-06-2022, 01:36 PM)starfish Wrote: Thanks a lot, but it's still not clear to me if you see the same behaviour as I do. Could you please:

– Connect only ONE MRCC and turn it on: It should be active (bright) in Audio/MIDI setup.
– Unplug it. Now it's grayed out.
– Replug it. Does it become active (bright) in Audio/MIDI setup without power cycling MRCC?

My problem accurs when I disconnect and reconnect MRCC from/to the computer. There's no switching things on and off involved.

Muchas gracias!

Sorry - missed that part.  Once I have cables plugged in, I never unplug them if at all possible, that's why i was testing turn off/turn on.

If I have one MRCC active and visible as active in the Audio/MIDI router screen, it greys out when I unplug the USB cable from the MRCC.
If I plug the USB cable back into the MRCC, it shows up as active again.  I repeated that test a few times and each time the MRCC shows up as active once I plug the cable in.

Note that I'm running USB cables direct from the MRCC into the USB ports on the Mac Mini no hubs or anything else in-between. (the 2012 Mac Mini has 4 USB ports available).
Awesome, thanks so much! Good to hear that it works on High Sierra. Curious to hear what happens when you update your Mac OS...

P. S.: Direct connection between MRCC and MacBook Pro here too. No USB hub in between.
I'm planning to go do some MacOS experiments today with the NDLR at a friends house to create a LOGIC PRO X set up guide. I will bring my MRCC along and see if I can reproduce your issue as well.
Thanks for the update. I hope this will help to move forward in solving the issue.