Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DAW USB routing - Getting confused, please help
So far the MRCC has been great, connected via Midi IN/OUT to my MioXL
Now I want to use it directly in Cubase and I get confused

The MRCC PC Port has a green light (called IN) andf a Blue light (called out)
I assume the green PC light is the traffic FROM daw to MRCC and the blue PC light is the traffic from MRCC into DAW, is this correct?

This is what I then do
I have a synth connected to midi out 1 (DIN) on the MRCC
I select the left PC button (green light) virtual port 1 is selected, I let go and select midi out 1 (blue light)
In cubase the I can select MRCC until MRCC12
I select "MRCC" as output (this corresponds with virtual port 1)
I have the correct midi CH selected in Cubase (in this case 1) 
I play a sequence in Cubase
NOTHING happens

I'm probably doing something wrong, but what?
What is the correct way of playing a hardware synth connected to the MRCC Din out, from Cubase, over USB PC connection.
Pls advise?
(12-10-2021, 01:46 PM)Raphie Wrote: So far the MRCC has been great, connected via Midi IN/OUT to my MioXL
Now I want to use it directly in Cubase and I get confused

The MRCC PC Port has a green light (called IN) andf a Blue light (called out)
I assume the green PC light is the traffic FROM daw to MRCC and the blue PC light is the traffic from MRCC into DAW, is this correct?

YES this is correct.

This is what I then do
I have a synth connected to midi out 1 (DIN) on the MRCC
I select the left PC button (green light) virtual port 1 is selected, I let go and select midi out 1 (blue light)
In cubase the I can select MRCC until MRCC12
I select "MRCC" as output (this corresponds with virtual port 1)
I have the correct midi CH selected in Cubase (in this case 1) 
I play a sequence in Cubase
NOTHING happens

This sounds like you've got it set up correctly, if you go from the activity page to the routing page it should show the last routing placed, (or you may need to navigate to that routing if not). Once you're there does it show activity going to those ports? Clock should show up as red 'Tic's and Start and stop should be '->' and '!!!" respectively. Are you seeing anything like that when you send those messages? 

I'm probably doing something wrong, but what?
What is the correct way of playing a hardware synth connected to the MRCC Din out, from Cubase, over USB PC connection.
Pls advise?
Let me know about those things above, but also try using MIDI DIN ports and see if those work, if so it would be best to just use those. 
Go ahead and reply to me at the Support@conductivelabs.com email and we'll if we need to we can set something up to troubleshoot from there.
Jesse
For some reason a reboot of the mrcc and daw resolved the issue. There was indeed no midi activity visible in the matrix until reboot
Opened a new topic https://conductivelabs.com/forum/showthr...p?tid=1815