Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you need this MRCC accessory?
(03-15-2022, 02:34 AM)Raphie Wrote: ThnX Darryl, I didn’t expect it to be easy and it’s icing on the cake sort of speak.
If in any way I can contribute by running scripts, providing dumps, even screen shares on ZOOM sessions, I’m more that happy to do so. It’s indeed unrealistic to expect all gear to be available for testing 1:1 But if I can help remotely in any way, let me know.

Really appreciate that, thank you! I'll DM you if we need to setup a call. I guess if it were easy, everyone would do it. But its interesting and challenging work. Though we'd rather be working on the product than doing business stuff, like taxes and payroll, International regulatory stuff, and dealing with shipping issues, but it all has to be done.
I can't believe I missed this thread and device! I've been struggling with insufficient inputs for some time, and was considering suggesting a new improved MRCC with 8, or better yet, 12 USB Host connections. Years ago I sold off half of my studio and promised myself to not buy anything more. I have failed miserably in keeping this highly constraining promise. Which leads to connection issues.

At any rate, this is exactly what I was wishing existed - and more! All I was hoping for was a 4 DIN input USB device, and this baby has the addition of a DIN output as well. Lucky me! Turns out this is even more ideal for my envisioned use case. I can now take care of ALL connections on my Yamaha MEP4 with just one USB Host port used on the MRCC. Previously I had been limited to using just three of the MEP4 outputs, and most recently I had to sacrifice one more to allow another input from a new device, giving me only two usable outputs on the MEP4.

My XpandR should be arriving in a couple days, and I'm trying to wait patiently. It's difficult. I've already drawn up my new MIDI map for its inclusion - I'm ready!

Thanks for making this.
Oh that's awesome! Glad it fits the bill!
(08-12-2023, 07:04 AM)House de Kris Wrote: I can't believe I missed this thread and device! I've been struggling with insufficient inputs for some time, and was considering suggesting a new improved MRCC with 8, or better yet, 12 USB Host connections. Years ago I sold off half of my studio and promised myself to not buy anything more. I have failed miserably in keeping this highly constraining promise. Which leads to connection issues.

At any rate, this is exactly what I was wishing existed - and more! All I was hoping for was a 4 DIN input USB device, and this baby has the addition of a DIN output as well. Lucky me! Turns out this is even more ideal for my envisioned use case. I can now take care of ALL connections on my Yamaha MEP4 with just one USB Host port used on the MRCC. Previously I had been limited to using just three of the MEP4 outputs, and most recently I had to sacrifice one more to allow another input from a new device, giving me only two usable outputs on the MEP4.

My XpandR should be arriving in a couple days, and I'm trying to wait patiently. It's difficult. I've already drawn up my new MIDI map for its inclusion - I'm ready!

Thanks for making this.
There are so many wonderful and inexpensive synths out these days, I think we can justify having a nice collection without spending a fortune. At least, that's what I tell myself  Big Grin
Received my XpandR today. Unfortunately, going on vacation tomorrow. I will have to wait to play with it. Best part is what's written on the box flap, "It's the Xpandar you've been waiting for." So true, so true.
I wish the Expander was over the RJ45 port so that I can get some input/output further away from the MRCC
(08-19-2023, 07:58 PM)custa1200 Wrote: I wish the Expander was over the RJ45 port so that I can get some input/output further away from the MRCC
We made it possible to connect 2 MRCCs via this port, here is the relevant info from page 49 of the manual:

Quote:MRCC-to-MRCC “remote” connection
Two MRCCs can connect to each other via the RJ45 cable. When 2 MRCCs are connected they will auto
detect each other and the “=Y” icon in the upper right corner of the screen will illuminate.

The MRCC-to-MRCC connection extends the number of out-ports by 12x 5-pin + 4x USB Host + 1 USB
device ports on the connected MRCC. In order to route MIDI messages to an extended out-port press
and hold the “Y” button, then select the desired out-port. This mode works the same way routing MRCC
out-ports but with Yellow LEDs (not blue). 

Press and hold the “Y” button while on the Activity screenand it will say “REMOTE” and show all the
remote routings in yellow. Press and hold the “Y” button while on the Routing screen and it you will 
see that the out-port names are prefixed with an “r” i.e. “1 -> r4”
I know that's in a higher price-point from the 4x1, but the possibility exists if you need it.
Yeah I don't want another full sized MRCC I already have limited desk space, I just want a longer cable run to another device (Launchpad) I have away from my rack mounted MRCC, and something that could just sit under my desk, wouldn't even need to be touched.
Even if the 880 had RJ45 it would be better