Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I get more DIN inputs and outputs?
I have a large studio with a TON of synths, and I'm trying to figure out how to get more I/O from a MRCC.

1. Can I use a Midihub (or other similar USB MIDI device with 4 virtual cables) connected to an MRCC USB A port to add 4 ins and 4 outs? This thread suggests that I can get 4 inputs but only 1 output, but that thread is also from last year, so I don't know what may have changed since then.
2. If MRCC has only 1 output per USB MIDI connection, and that USB MIDI connection has multiple virtual cables, does MRCC broadcast all MIDI data routed to that USB port to all virtual cables?
3. Is there a schematic for the MRCC Remote 7? The functionality might work for me, but I will need to mount it in a 1U rack, so I'll possibly want to DIY something.

Note: I've considered using 2x MRCC but per the responses in this thread it doesn't look like that approach will work for me, because I won't be able to physically access the second MRCC to route its inputs because of where its location would be in my studio.