Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Velocity Modifier questions
Trying to use the Velocity Modifier and have a bunch of questions.
Firmware - v1.1.032

Going into the MODS screen, VEL SCALE and I don't know which line/values is input and which is output.
Is it blue or red?  Manual doesn't say.  The ordering of the text and Tab stops implies it, but no where does it say anything definite.

OK, if I adjust the number in the lower right quadrant and scroll past 127, the number in the upper right quadrant goes negative (usually -128)
If I tab to that number I can turn the encoder to the right and it gets less negative.  As soon as I turn the encoder left, it jumps to 1 and all 4 numbers behave normally at that point.
NOTE - this only seems to happen when the number in the upper right is at 127.

There's an esoteric case I could make for having the output scale to 0 (note off) rather than having everything bottom out at 1, but I'm guessing that's a losing battle.
1) left side is input right is output, Red is MAX, blue is MIN.

2) sounds like we found a bug, but I've tried to reproduce it and so far I can't get it to happen. I tried on input and output on multiple variations (presets), as well as for a few different channels, but if I tab to the lower value and edit it to be 127, then it maxes out there, and no changes occur if I try to go past that value (to either top or bottom values). same is true of the input values.

3) good point, I'll add a request and we'll see what Steve thinks.

Can you give me more info on the other settings values you have set on the page (channel and variation #)?