Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MRCC Freezing with Akai Force
I have set up my MRCC to have the akai force as the master for a TD3 and BSP but when I press play the MRCC freezes and stops sending all signals through.  I try pushing any button on the MRCC and the lights dont change nor does the screen.  Once I restart it, it works fine again but the problem repeats when attempted over.  I have tried using the USB A, USB B, and Midi Ins as the source but all yield the same result.  Interestingly the BSP as my master does not freeze the MRCC so I am not sure what could be causing this.  I just updated the firmware as well on the MRCC to see if that fixed it but it didnt.
(09-01-2021, 06:33 AM)zeta4000 Wrote: I have set up my MRCC to have the akai force as the master for a TD3 and BSP but when I press play the MRCC freezes and stops sending all signals through.  I try pushing any button on the MRCC and the lights dont change nor does the screen.  Once I restart it, it works fine again but the problem repeats when attempted over.  I have tried using the USB A, USB B, and Midi Ins as the source but all yield the same result.  Interestingly the BSP as my master does not freeze the MRCC so I am not sure what could be causing this.  I just updated the firmware as well on the MRCC to see if that fixed it but it didnt.

Quickest thing is to monitor the MIDI data coming out of the Akai Force.  Temporarily hook it directly to a computer and run some type of MIDI capture app (like MIDI-Ox on Windows or MIDI Monitor on the Mac).  If you see anything other than clock start/clock tick messages, that may be what is locking up the MRCC  (just guessing that it's some type of Program Change message or may some type of 'All notes off' CCs).
I managed to get it working but only by not using USB midi for the TD3.  When I switched everything over to midi cables instead it all seems to work now.  Not sure why just using USB MIDI would cause it to freeze like that.
Thanks for the report, we discussed this via the support email, but it's great to get it documented here as well. We'll get a note added to the compatibility spreadsheet that the TD3 is not compatible over USB host port.
Jesse
It looks like there are a number of behringer products which cause issues with the MRCC host ports. We have a bunch of them in the lab now and will take a look at this and see if we can see what the problem is as time allows.
Jesse