Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NDLR clock issues
Hi - I've started getting into the NDLR - it seems incredibly well endowed with features!

I'm running it on Ext CV clock from a Keystep Pro, MIDI over USB is being sent to my synths via one of my MMRC's USB ports. 

I've noticed a few problems:

• There's no clock reset function, so stopping and starting the external clock means that the NDLR simply starts up where it stopped, i.e. some random position in its Pad/Drone/Motif cycle. 

Can we have some provision for resetting the NDLR cycles (and the Chard Sequencer if that is also a problem - I haven't got into the Chord Sequencer yet).

• The synths seem to play a fraction late compared to the Keystep Pro. I guess this latency could be arising from several places, although not from the synths, which all play solidly in time when driven directly from MIDI from the Keystep Pro's sequencer tracks. Maybe the NDLR isn't picking up the external clock quickly enough, or maybe it's late firing MIDI via the MMRC? Without being able to run multiple signals to an oscilloscope it's difficult to narrow it down.

• When stopping the external clock (Stop on by Keystep Pro) the drone and motifs both stop, but the pad continues to play until I hit the NDLR Panic button.

• The TIC clock indicator in the Settings 3/3 window is a nice feature to have, but it runs out of sync with the external clock, which doesn't help when you're trying to solve sync problems. Maybe this is related to the latency issue I mentioned above?

Internal Clock:

Play/Pause operates a little weirdly even on Internal Clock. If you stop then re-start using the ALL Play/Pause button, all the (Pad/Drone/Motif) parts start together, in time with each other, and from the start (beat 1) of the cycle. All good.

However, if after an ALL Play commend, you Pause/Play any of the parts using their individual Play/Pause buttons, they will resume playing, but not from the beginning of their cycles, but from some random position within the cycle.

This is not very useful. After a Pause/Play of an individual part, it should wait for beat 1 of the bar and then start from the beginning of its cycle. Then it would be in sync with the other parts.

I appreciate that I might be missing some items of crucial information whilst trying to make this work for my system - so please don'i hesitate to correct me if that's the case.

Thanks, Mick