Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logic doesn"t appear to see MRCC?
Neither Logic or Apple's MIDI Studio appear to see the MRCC and I'd be interested to know if there is anything specific I need to do as I expected to see the MRCC as a MIDI device?

Thanks
As far as I know there is no special device setup required for a Mac, you should be able to see it if it's plugged in and recognized. The regular troubleshooting steps should surely be taken, of course, (unplug it and plug it in, reboot the Mac, etc.) also see if there is a Mac utility for looking at MIDI devices that you can use to sniff it out.
Are there any Mac users here that can chime in on this, none of us own Macs (we keep meaning to get one for times like this).
Let me know once you've checked those things out and if it's still not fixed I'll ask someone for help.
Jesse
(08-30-2021, 05:58 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: As far as I know there is no special device setup required for a Mac, you should be able to see it if it's plugged in and recognized. The regular troubleshooting steps should surely be taken, of course, (unplug it and plug it in, reboot the Mac, etc.) also see if there is a Mac utility for looking at MIDI devices that you can use to sniff it out.
Are there any Mac users here that can chime in on this, none of us own Macs (we keep meaning to get one for times like this).
Let me know once you've checked those things out and if it's still not fixed I'll ask someone for help.
Jesse

I don't use a DAW for MIDI, but on my Mac Mini the free MIDI Monitor tool shows the MRCC ports as available targets for receiving data.  Same with Sysex Librarian for sending - the MRCC ports are all there, so the issue is likely somewhere in Logic's setup.
Downloaded a MIDI Monitor and yes, the MRCC is definately seen by the app thanks. Now just need to do some homework on Logic. Thanks guys.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)