Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preset failed loading
Hi,

When loading the preset #1, the display show the message: "Preset User 1 Failed L".

I spent hours setting up this preset... Last time I saved it was yesterday evening. 

I just begin the day here and the preset won't load. I tried several times, and also of course switched off/on the MRCC.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks for any help.
I'm seeing this too, on the latest beta firmware (....32). Very frustrating. I don't want to have to recreate my whole setup over and over...
It seems like we have a bug somewhere, but without knowing what is causing the issue it may be hard to track down. If you have access to the correct tool to remove the end cap (left side) there is a micro usb with the save files on it. If you feel comfortable opening it up and sending me the contents of that in a zip file I'll pass them along to Steve and see if he can see what's not working. There's a piece of double sided tape in there to secure the board from being jostled in shipping, which may need to be removed and re attached once you're finished. You can send me an email at Support@conductivelabs.com if you would like.
Thanks,
Jesse
(08-30-2021, 08:03 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: It seems like we have a bug somewhere, but without knowing what is causing the issue it may be hard to track down. If you have access to the correct tool to remove the end cap (left side) there is a micro usb with the save files on it. If you feel comfortable opening it up and sending me the contents of that in a zip file I'll pass them along to Steve and see if he can see what's not working. There's a piece of double sided tape in there to secure the board from being jostled in shipping, which may need to be removed and re attached once you're finished. You can send me an email at Support@conductivelabs.com if you would like.
Thanks,
Jesse

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for your help. I sold my MRCC. So, don't have access to the maybe corrupt file. Sorry.

Regards

Amateur guitar and synth player. Software dev for paying the bills and for fun too.
I develop web-midi editors and utilities in my spare time. Check them out at https://studiocode.dev/
Hey Jesse,

same issue here. It's the second time my preset seems to be broken. First time I ended up doing a factory reset and then update the firmware. only few days later it happened again. I don't know what to do anymore. If the presets are not reliably loaded this wonderful machine is unfortunately absolutely useless for me.

I can send you the file. But I'd also like to know if you already have a solution for this problem - which seems to me a common one - in sight for a soon coming update?
This is crucial for the decision if I keep the unit it or send it back regretfully.

Thanks!
Best regards.
(08-28-2021, 04:29 PM)DJISF Wrote: I'm seeing this too, on the latest beta firmware (....32). Very frustrating. I don't want to have to recreate my whole setup over and over...

Did this problem start when you updated to the beta firmware? 
Do you recall which firmware was on MRCC before you updated to the beta version?
Have you tried using the released firmware version (1.1.030) from the download page on conductivelabs.com?
(09-01-2021, 04:50 AM)thylord Wrote: Hey Jesse,

same issue here. It's the second time my preset seems to be broken. First time I ended up doing a factory reset and then update the firmware. only few days later it happened again. I don't know what to do anymore. If the presets are not reliably loaded this wonderful machine is unfortunately absolutely useless for me.

I can send you the file. But I'd also like to know if you already have a solution for this problem - which seems to me a common one - in sight for a soon coming update?
This is crucial for the decision if I keep the unit it or send it back regretfully.

Thanks!
Best regards.

What is the firmware version on your MRCC? See the firmware version on the bottom left corner of the screen when MRCC is turned on. Or you can find it on page 4 of the settings menu. That's the last page of the last menu.

Do you recall what version of firmware was on MRCC before you updated it?
If we introduced an issue in a recent firmware we'll need some help to narrow it down since we've never seen this happen in development or testing. It is probably not coincidence that these 3 reports all came in a weeks time. Meaning, we possibly introduced a new issue with the firmware that fixed a different patch saving issue.

It would be most helpful if we could get the contents of MRCC's preset files when the error happens. It requires removing the left side end-cap with a 2.5mm hex key, take out the microSD card, plug it into a computer and make a zip file of the entire directory structure.

If we see an error in the file it will likely be an easy fix. It could be something as simple as a certain combination of settings creates some bad data.
OK, first of all thank you to you Thylord for supplying me with that save file. because of that I was able to load it into my machine and recreate the issue there, as well as to pass it along to Steve, who has managed to see what the issue is. We're still working on a solution, but expect that we can get one implemented within the week (and probably within the next couple of days if all goes well). We hope to be able to make the fix in such a way that you can still use any save files that are currently causing issues without needing a factory reset.
Thanks,
Jesse Johannesen
We have a firmware solution for this issue. If anyone who was experiencing this problem would like to try this out for me and report back, the firmware can be found via the link below:
https://conductivelabs.com/forum/showthr...p?tid=1583
Jesse