Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
swing?
Maybe i missed it in the manual, but is there a way to add a bit of swing to the patterns or globally? The humanize amount is more related to note velocity rather and quantization, correct?
(12-03-2018, 03:10 PM)leave trace Wrote: Maybe i missed it in the manual, but is there a way to add a bit of swing to the patterns or globally? The humanize amount is more related to note velocity rather and quantization, correct?

Hello LT, you are correct, humanize is providing some subtle velocity randomization. There is no traditional swing at this time. However, you can get a similar feel using velocity for emphasis. What may be most useful though is using the Rhythm editor to create a dense rhythm pattern with a couple of well placed rests or ties. You can also vary the velocity in the rhythm pattern if your synth supports velocity.

Darryl
Maybe obvious and certainly not an option for everyone, but you can clock the NDLR from an external source and then apply swing to the midi clock if your source supports that. For example the E-RM Multiclock can do this.
Would love to have a little swing feature added...just a simple 16th note adjustable swing, at least for the rhythm composer section would be fantastic!

Love my NDLR!
Yes, a swing would be a very nice feature..
(09-05-2020, 03:48 AM)Mescalina Wrote: Yes, a swing would be a very nice feature..
You should be able to apply swing with an outside midi clock source when clock is set to external, but I don't think that feature is likely to be added to the NDLR anytime soon.
Jesse
(09-05-2020, 10:16 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:
(09-05-2020, 03:48 AM)Mescalina Wrote: Yes, a swing would be a very nice feature..
You should be able to apply swing with an outside midi clock source when clock is set to external, but I don't think that feature is likely to be added to the NDLR anytime soon.
Jesse
Yes essential at moment have a bit of swing, sometimes is too mechanical
Yes - a swing function please!

The problem with using an external MIDI clock to introduce swing is that all 4 NDLR voices would follow that same swing factor.

We need to be able to introduce swing selectively, either no swing or variable amounts, to each of the 4 NDLR voices.
There isn't any more room in the memory to add functions like this, unfortunately. The good news is that the NDLR can be clocked externally and if the clock source is swung, then the NDLR has swing!
Jesse