Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB sysex issues
The 20 year old midi router I replaced with MRCC could pass sysex with ease on every port. This feature is tablestakes. I own both CL products and what I’ve found is that CL produces mostly functional products that have unusual feature gaps. The 5% that’s missing would make a good product a great product. People are trying to solve real problems and create music using your gear. Let the voices of customers guide your work.
I feel the same way, the sysex thing is a deal breaker. Can we get an update on when the firmware is being returned to active development?
I've been advocating for this, but it's a big job. I will keep trying to get it on the table, but last time I asked, last week, the answer was not in the near future. I see the demand, and will continue to try and get it prioritized. I appreciate all of your ongoing patience in the mean time. Sorry for the inconvenience.
I want this so much it aches sometimes.
Oh dear.. I specifically picked up the MRCC to permanently connect a rig of ~10 modules/effects, all of which require sysex for editing.
It's a beautiful and polished device in many ways, but this is a significant limitation; considering that even the most modern synths typically still use sysex for various purposes (bulk dumps, firmware updates etc).

So the cleanest workaround then (without physically re-patching the cables), would probably be to connect a second, midi splitter/merger to one of the sysex-capable port I/Os and connect devices like effect modules or monotimbral synths to that, with different channel assignments.

Is there any chance it would be technically feasible / simpler for the short-term to create an option for ports to be switchable to this type of configuration? For example, repeating all port 6 I/O traffic to port 7, sharing the same com port.
Steve is currently working on a solution for this and is very close to having a beta. Do you want to reach out to me via email (support@conductivelabs.com). I would be happy to send it your way once it's ready to try out.
Jesse
(03-04-2022, 03:23 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: Steve is currently working on a solution for this and is very close to having a beta. Do you want to reach out to me via email (support@conductivelabs.com). I would be happy to send it your way once it's ready to try out.
Jesse

Being a complete sysex know nothing, I'm hoping this will be a 'what goes in is what comes out' solution and any chance of getting rid of the 256k limit on chunks I saw referenced elsewhere? Thanks for getting onto this.
We have a working test fw, but we still haven't figured out how to crack that 256 byte limit, Steve is still smashing his head into the problem though so I assume he will sort that out eventually. I'll post more info as it comes.
Jesse
Does anyone else come here and check this thread, y'know, like, every day? Idly hoping that today will be the day.
Yup Smile