Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keith McMillen K-Mix?
So the K-Mix is a neat little programmable digital mixer with a ton of inputs, outputs and routing options all in a compact package with no moving parts. The faders and "knobs" are all touch sensitive strips and pads... which is probably the biggest complaint about the device. However, you can control it via MIDI... which has me wondering if it could be paired with something like a Novation Launch Control XL for more traditional physical controls. The trick is getting two USB MIDI devices to talk to each other... sooooo.... Enter MRCC.

I spent some time reading docs and trying to get this to work, but I'm having trouble with the K-Mix that feels like it might make it a dead end...

When you plug the K-Mix into a Mac (it's class compliant) three different virtual ports show up on the Mac: Audio Control, Expander, and Control Surface. In order to remotely control the faders and what not you need to send MIDI to the Audio Control port. You can do that from your DAW or other tools on the Mac/PC, but I'm wondering if the MRCC is smart enough to handle it too.

Anyone else messed around with a K-Mix or have any insights?
Sounds like the mixer has 3 MIDI ports where the MRCC only routs out to 1 port on the host connections, unfortunately. Sounds as though you may have found that dead end after all. Sorry about that.
Jesse