Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
disconnecting a remote connection
hmmmm. i've had great success in the last few days and have had no problems setting up what to me are complicated connections, using the computer ports, and connecting remotely to a second mrcc.

But occasionally I still run into issues, and I have yet to find the answer to this in the manual (which doesn't mean that it isn't in an obvious space).

I set up a connection from the usb host port #1 on my first mrcc to the din out #5 on the second one. I need to remove that connection, but I'm not seeing how to do it. I see the yellow led indicating the connection that I can also hear, but pressing the button again doesn't remove it. Shouldn't it just be removed like any other connection? (I'm sure i can get around it because i didn't save it, and I can power cycle or reload the preset, but what am I missing?)

hmmm - fiddled with it a bit, and the yellow light went out as did the connection, but i don't know what i did! I must be missing something in the logic of the connections.
It's probably to do with the logic of the buttons. For shift functions shift has to be pressed during the whole procedure, so pressing [SHIFT + output 1] will only work if Shift is the last button to be released I think. Try messing with that and I think you'll get the hang of it. If that's not the issue let me know and we can dig a little deeper.
Jesse