Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Identifying unique MRCCs
As of yesterday, I am the happy owner of two lovely MRCCs.  With roughly 30 devices to connect, I'll finally be able to have a cohesive system, after giving Hosa the remainder of my money for cables.

Anyway, in doing initial setup, I found that my DAW sees both units, 12 ports each, and they are differentiated by a number 1 or 2 (for example MIDIIN7 [MRCC 2]) that the computer apparently supplies based on the order the unit is discovered, which can obviously change.  Since MIDI instrument tracks in my DAW need to have a specific port assignment, these ports will need to be consistent.  Is the only way to keep them consistent to always boot each MRCC in sequence, or is there some other way of letting the computer identify which is which, more than just the general device name?
Oh boy, this is a really good question. At the moment there isn't a way to set a unique device number that I know of, I'll talk to Steve and make the case that this may need to be a priority. Thanks for the heads up.
Jesse
Sounds good, thanks!