Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Thoughts on the MRCC so far
Hi there,

after spending some time with the MRCC and being a hardcore MIDI Patchbay user (mainly MIDITemp MP series, iirc not known in USA, but in Europe) I think the MRCC is up until now the device that gets the closest to the MP series and add some modern features, but still leave a lot do be desired.

If I should split up that text in 2 parts, one for the feature requests, please let me know.

I will not comment on the hardware, since that cant change for now, so I focus on the Firmware. Here are my thoughts:

• default display page should be preset and selector, not activity
  • Routing DIN ports should have a special mode or should be not so easy to adjust, like hold input button
  • Naming of presets possible?
  • Preset save load should be at main page too
  • Why no routing adjustment in the second page?
  • Is there a routing overview page?
  • Port Naming as interface could be better
  • Port Names are not seen in MacOS Audio MIDI Setup
  • Should show display actions while doing routings, ATM it’s somewhat  blindfolded, especially when routing USB ports
  • is there a Port Reservation function for USB Host ports? If no, there should be, like on iConnectivity interfaces
  • Sysex filter is missing

Ideas/suggestions:
  • PC Filter should include both bank controllers, independent of CCs
  • Add a shortcut mode for preset select, like holding Y and typing in numbers
  • Add USB storage support for USB sticks
  • add a backup function for an USB stick on host ports
  • add USB Host port reservation feature
  • Add a Sysex filter
  • Since Note modifiers can be used for drum maps, so please add a drum map feature with cakewalk style maps to import (simple text files)
  • Labels should be saved independent from a preset (global)
  • Combine channel mapping with channel to port mapping, so a channel can be mapped differently to different outputs
  • Velocity processor should be port based also
  • Note Alter should be port based also
  • In addition to Ports install a device management. Each device gets a Name, descriptor for Clock send, Receive or Clock Priority and it then can be assigned to a port. If you rewire your setup you don’t have to reprogram the complete routing, just assign the device to another port
  • Virtual cable Feature. Instead of assigning filters and remaps to a certain port or channel it can be assigned to the specific connection between 2 ports.
  • Panic function should have a label on the case
  • Add a button/panel lock function
  • Add a startup delay for devices that take longer to boot and should receive commands
---
bye, 
       Dietmar
Wow! I could have written this post. Same remarks, ideas, suggestions on my side.

My top 5:

- Active Preset clearly visible in the default screen.
- A panel/button lock or a not so easy way to creating routings. It's very easy to create a route without doing it on purpose.
- A guide on the display when you create a routing. The display could show what you just did and what is the next step. Could be very useful when creating routings with USB virtual cables.
- Routing overview (a big list) with the possibility to quickly delete unwanted routing or select a routing for editing.
- SysEx support without limit on all ports (all DIN, all USB).