Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Create/edit labels via MRCC
I haven't owned a USB keyboard for almost 10 years Smile . Being able to create/edit labels via the screen would be far more useful for me (even if it would be rather tedious). This is also one of those things that would be great if there was some desktop software that one could use to control the MRCC.
I'm in the same boat. There should be an internal labeling function which doesn't require a USB keyboard.
Yes please.
(08-04-2021, 02:12 AM)mbl77 Wrote: I haven't owned a USB keyboard for almost 10 years Smile . Being able to create/edit labels via the screen would be far more useful for me (even if it would be rather tedious). This is also one of those things that would be great if there was some desktop software that one could use to control the MRCC.

Have you tried editing the user labels list on the SD card (behind the cover on the left side). That's probably just a text file.

OTOH, you could check you local classifieds, people are often giving away USB keyboards for free. Or, if you don't want a big keyboard lying around, I use a tiny wireless keyboard with USB dongle ($10), this is even in the Compatibiliy Tracker (listed as Rii).
(06-14-2022, 04:17 AM)Lizard of Oz Wrote: Have you tried editing the user labels list on the SD card (behind the cover on the left side). That's probably just a text file.

Ok, I removed the side panel and experimented a bit. The file with the labels is a textfile in INI-Format called UPLABELS.INI and sits in the root of the SD-Card. It has one section "PortLabels" followed by a sequence of pairs, Label<n>=<label> and Ref<n>=<reference>:

Code:
[PortLabels]
Label0=MRCC
Ref0=101
Label1=Launch Contr
Ref1=102

So you can simply add new pairs of entries to the bottom, and increase <n> and <reference> for each new pair. Just be careful with the numbering, if you mess up, all the erroneous entry and all others below it will be discarded. The numbers for reference may have gaps, because when you delete a label and create a new one, the next reference will be calculated by increasing the currently highest reference. 

You can also edit the labels, that is pretty straightforward. I attached a working INI-file with 35 labels, that should get you going.

Labels are assigned to ports via two files per preset in IPLUT<n>.INI and OPLUT<n>.INI, right next to your presets files in the directory CLABS/MRCC/PRESETS. If you reconfigure your systems and want to update your preset's assignments, you can simply copy those files between presets.

Attached Files
.zip   UPLABELS.INI.zip (Size: 1.06 KB / Downloads: 3)