Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serial number changed
This may be trivial, but as strange behavior it could be worth mentioning:

During initial setup of my MRCC I put it in a rack and, among other things, went through the menus and took note of the serial number for future reference, and also the ID and FW version and wrote them all down.  Yesterday, while confirming my OS version I noticed the ID had a memorable number that I didn't recall.  This made me curious enough to check today, and I found that both the serial number and ID in the display had changed since last week.

Before: SN: 010-0392-2104; ID# 43-35
Current: SN: 001-9999-2102; ID# 255-255

Checking the sticker on the back revealed a match to the original serial number.  I did update the OS to the current version today, but this change happened before.  Yesterday I did a couple of factory resets (see my thread about missing labels for the details), and it was only afterwards that I noticed the change, but can't say whether it is connected to that action or if it had already changed before.

I hope these image links work:

[Image: IMG_1398.jpg?dl=0]
[Image: IMG_1399.jpg?dl=0]
(08-03-2021, 04:36 PM)Dark Waves Wrote: This may be trivial, but as strange behavior it could be worth mentioning:

During initial setup of my MRCC I put it in a rack and, among other things, went through the menus and took note of the serial number for future reference, and also the ID and FW version and wrote them all down.  Yesterday, while confirming my OS version I noticed the ID had a memorable number that I didn't recall.  This made me curious enough to check today, and I found that both the serial number and ID in the display had changed since last week.

Before: SN: 010-0392-2104; ID# 43-35
Current: SN: 001-9999-2102; ID# 255-255

Checking the sticker on the back revealed a match to the original serial number.  I did update the OS to the current version today, but this change happened before.  Yesterday I did a couple of factory resets (see my thread about missing labels for the details), and it was only afterwards that I noticed the change, but can't say whether it is connected to that action or if it had already changed before.

I hope these image links work:

[Image: IMG_1398.jpg?dl=0]
[Image: IMG_1399.jpg?dl=0]
That is strange. I'll pass the word along and let the team know. If you do need to deal with a warranty situation at some point just remind me and we will make sure it's not an issue for you. 
Thanks for letting me know. 
Jesse
Sounds good, thank you.
I'm seeing the same thing. We'll take a look at it. I suspect the original serial number is still in there, but we're not reading it correctly.
Good, at least that confirms I'm not seeing things or going crazy.  Well, at least in this instance.  Big Grin
oh, can i request that as a feature? I would love to modulate my serial number - maybe in the arpeggiator.