Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
software editor?
+1 for an editor

Love the hands on control, but I also love flexibility

Right now it is on my desktop, but if I decide to rack it, it becomes more cumbersome to navigate , and an editor helps for creating presets etc
I vote for the Editor too. Would be of great help
+1 to that!!!!
Would love it too, hopefully on Linux...Maybe an editor in a browser like the Electra One.
Since it doesn't support sysex dumps or CC control over the settings, likely not going to happen. Better approach for short term is some kind of mechanical change to get easy access to the SD Card
A software editor would be great for me. I often run my studio remotely and being able to view or change the routings would be a godsend, without being in front of the MRCC. Also, my MRCC is mounted at the back of a rack, so accessing it can be a bit hard on the back (it's in the rack, because we take that rack out live and it's the brain of our routing)
The Puppeteer
Godlike Productions
I might use this, but I'm finding the control on the unit pretty sufficient so far. I have a lot of experience with extron gear that has web interfaces and I find I hardly use it. It is nice it is there, but I mostly just press the buttons on the units because I find it is all I really need. I think I feel the same way about the mrcc and maybe that is one of the reasons I like it. First and foremost as a piece of gear perfectly capable of doing what I want on the hardware itself. The problem with pc control is when you have a lot of crap like this do you really want to navigate a bunch of different programs and windows to do what you want? It would be cool, but I'm fine without it in this case.

I do absolutely hate the interface on some devices and welcome software control for those. The ones that come to mind for me are the strymon big sky and timeline pedals. I don't want to touch those things, the software interface is much easier to use. I also recently started trying out the software to control the ob6 synth and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.

So yeah in the end, I would probably buy a software editor for the MRCC for $50 or something but I'm happy if it never exists too. I got my 2 units recently and already they have greatly simplified my routing and cable setup. one ethernet cable to bridge 2 main desks is absolutely awesome for me.
Any update on this? Honestly, sometimes I find the on-device UI to not be all that intuitive. While in the flow of making music, I've had to stop and look things up to remind myself how the UI paradigm works. It's the kind thing I'll figure out enough to set up one way, then not touch it for months, until I need to change something and then repeat the process. It would be super helpful in moments like that, to have a way to store the current config for the MRCC on a computer and instantly recall or modify those settings, without switching over to the device UI.