Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
poorly articulated question about the midi in/out ports
I don't know the lingo yet, and i'm just digging into the mrcc. I suspect that the answer to my question is in the manual, but I'm not finding it quick at this point to open the manual with the goal of finding the answer to a rather vague question.

So, bear with me.

What I'm wondering is whether one can name the input and output ports in the mrcc so that these names are communicated to my software. Most specifically, right now, in Ableton Live, I can choose the mrcc ports, but they are all generically named. This would come in handy in routing midi to and from the MRCC.

hope the question makes sense. Maybe most people are using this in a more stand alone capacity, but I'm trying to figure out to what degree it can replace my current midi interfaces, which I don't much like. (in which case, i plan to buy a second mrcc)
No not at this point. It may be possible to do this in a future fw update, but we're still not 100% sure about that.

Also don't worry about asking questions you think are poorly worded as long as you make a fair attempt to explain the issue we're happy to ask more questions if clarifications are needed.

Jesse
thanks for your patience. I guess that i don't want to be one of those annoying beginners (well, beginner with this device, not with electronic music gear in general) who doesn't spend enough time trying to figure stuff out, etc.

The mrcc can do what i bought it for (spectacularly) but then I started thinking about using it for multiple purposes, and even replacing my midi interfaces. It doesn't look like it's really ready for that yet (at least for me, which was kind of the intent of the question) but it's not like that is how it's being presented. It's not a criticism at all - just trying to figure out whether i should try to rush in an order for a second one....

maybe one unrelated question. As I understood it, as of today, it will work with either 2 mrccs or one + the remote, but it should be able to work with both once you finish with another peripheral (forget what you call it). Even without the DAW communication that I was hoping for (but not really expecting), I think that having 2 will really help me here.
(08-01-2021, 06:06 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: No not at this point. It may be possible to do this in a future fw update, but we're still not 100% sure about that.

Also don't worry about asking questions you think are poorly worded as long as you make a fair attempt to explain the issue we're happy to ask more questions if clarifications are needed.

Jesse

One thing to keep in mind if you're revisiting the labeling is that the MRCC should have some type of unit number or unit ID that is user-assignable so that if (in the future) you have 2 MRCCs and you hook both to a computer, the labeling and logic will be able to identify which port and which device is being assigned.