Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MRCC Assign Labels
Hi - the MRCC is fantastic!

Can you please extend the Assign Labels function to include the Remote7 I/O ?

Thanks, Mick

Having played around with label assignment, I've realised that the assignments are User patch specific, i.e. if you load User 1, then make I/O label assignments, they will all revert to 'none' if you load a different patch, e.g. User 2. If you re-load User 1, the assignments are back as they were.

Surely the label assignment is a global function, and would be better if not tied to User patches? I can see the reasoning behind making them User patch specific, i.e. you might need a completely different set of label assignments if you re-arrange your MIDI gear, so you just save User 1 as User 2 and re-assign the labels in a different arrangement from User 1.

OK - but what if you want to keep your current MIDI gear as is, keep the label assignments, but set up a different set of I/O routing patches and save them as an alternative User patch?

The only way to do this would be to load User patch 1 (having made new label assignments), then cancel all the I/O routing, then set up different routing. Then you would save that to User patch 2.

Both patches would share the same label assignments, but with differing I/O routing.

But...how can you easily clear all I/O routing? I've looked in the manual but I can't find any mention of how to clear all I/O routing patches (...or am I missing something?).

I think we need another Shift+button function for clearing routing (please).
A better (?) solution to the above is to add the functionality: 'Import Label assignments' from one User patch into another User patch.

Additionally, add the function: 'Import Routing' from one User patch into another User patch.
(08-25-2021, 11:07 AM)MickG Wrote: A better (?) solution to the above is to add the functionality: 'Import Label assignments' from one User patch into another User patch.

Additionally, add the function: 'Import Routing' from one User patch into another User patch.

or just do what you originally said - label to port assignments stored globally in one place and all presets reference those assignments.
I can see a value in both outcomes: Label assignments as Global, or Patch specific.

Would it be possible to enable both? Or a flexible user-option situation?

Maybe add a toggle button for each patch:

• make the patch subject to a Global assignments file 

or 

• allow the patch to have its own unique set of label assignments.
We don't want to have all the labels be global because there are many different use cases, and for some users this hardware will be used in the studio, while for others it will be used to play live, and for some it will be used for both, and in that case you would want the freedom to have multiple sets of labels, load the on you want, and even to use the labels as a reminder how things go back together afterwards when you have to put it back in the studio.

This is why the first 3 slots are named something separately than the following save slots, they were kind of meant to be used to save 3 templates with labels the way you like for each set up, then when you have that you can assign routings, and save those to one of the banks of save slots for each type of setup. I was initially confused about why Steve added those, but it makes so much sense now.

Anyway, I doubt there will be an import routings function added, nor a selection for global/patch specific routing, as far as I can estimate, as Steve is satisfied that this covers most use cases and other things are pressing.

If this doesn't cover those bases, give me some examples what isn't possible with this setup and help me understand.

Thanks, I appreciate the great ideas, keep em coming.
Jesse Johannesen
Thanks Jesse. It's good to know that the team has given this as lot of thought.
MickG I assigned the labels to my ports then saved them as user 1 with all the connections I needed then recalled user 1 deleted the connection and saved it as user 2, user 3, a1,a2 etc so then they all have the labels as per my standard connection and I can adjust the connections as I want and the labels already exist I found that to be the easiest work around not sure if it will suit what you are doing but just an idea
That sounds like a plan!

Thanks, Mick