Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Description fields for connections pairs
I am preparing to do a more complicated configuration for different hardware (quite flexible, as there will be several parallel settings for different synthesizers, which will be independently enabled on midi outputs). I will use a large number of modifiers and wonder if after creating a dozen modifiers it will be possible to remember what the individual modifiers are used for (their names are very short).

Is it possible to add an additional field with a description for connection pairs? Using aliases for devices is extremely useful, but it's telling nothing about reason for modifiers. 
If we have keyboard support, and you can even do it in a configuration file, this option would make it easier to understand later how it works.

It could be enough to create description field for each connection, e.g. for IN1 -> OUT3 pairs, a description of "modulation to LFO" or "aftertouch to cutoff on synth3" or "random arp for bassline" etc.
Just guessing, but I don't think there's enough memory in the MRCC to hold that since you'd need to allocate space for a description for every connection for every configuration you save.
It's a cool idea but I think it's probably not something that we would do mainly because it's a pretty narrow use case, and would require a lot of work while also providing another avenue of required support. I'll add it to the feature requests list though and the team can discuss it at some point.
Thanks,
Jesse