Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NDLR + MRCC strange things happening to clock
Question 
Hi

Im facing some strange issues with the MRCC when connecting the NDLR.

I have a Sqarp Pyramid sequencing some synths (through usb 1) + running the clock, which syncs my computer (Ableton) + all my synths.
This works great (so far).

As soon as i connect the NDLR to one of the MRCC usb ports the clock jumps all over the place (on all devices) 
Even when the NDLR has not been routed to anything.

If i put a filter on clock on the output port of the usb port NDLR is connected to it resolved the "jumping clock", but then the NDLR isnt getting sync Sad

Been messing around with this for a while now and need some pro tips of how to fix this.
Found a post with disabling the clock out completely through the boot menu on the NDLR, but that did not help anything at all. (disabled 2 first options and the last option set to 1 instead of 1-4) 

Was on the "current" beta, but also updated the ndlr to beta fw trying to figure this out + resetting to factory settings etc.

Can the NDLR be run as "slave" with only using USB? 
Also how can this mess up clock on everything even when the USB port its connected to on MRCC isnt routing out to anything?

I see the NDLR sending CC19 (to nothing) every bar on the MRCC display, but all the pads etc are not even set up using USB, so not sure whats going on Smile
help! Smile Huh

update; it works as is should if i use the internal clock on the NDLR, but as soon as i try to "slave" it makes the clock jump around and i would really like to use the pyramid as clock as its quite central in my setup + this also caused the MRCC to freeze up while clock jumping around :|
You mentioned running the NDLR beta FW, are you on 1.1.078? That version had a specific fix for something that kind of sounds like the problem you are seeing.
running version 1.1.0.78 yes
Oh man, this is a new one. Hard to say what's going on here exactly, and while I'm confident that all will be revealed in time, I would love to help you at least get things working for a start. First off, the NDLR should have no trouble receiving clock from an external source over USB, Just make sure it's set to "External USB1" if it's coming from the MRCC.

an you give me a little more detail as to what is actually happening with the clock? What is Jumping?

Not sure what is happening with the MIDI CC 19, that is the MIDI CC that NDLR receives to change MIDI Channel, however I don't know about whether or not it's supposed to be sending it. I'll look into that.

Go ahead and give it a shot with the Clock set to external and see if that sorts you out for now, and let me know how it goes via email at Support@conductivelabs.com, and if that doesn't work we can work on another solution.

Jesse Johannesen
I tried looking for the CC19 but not seeing anything coming out of The NDLR that shouldn't be there. The NDLR passes MIDI thru from its MIDI inputs. It might be that there is something sending CC19 to The NDLR and its passing it thru? If so, you should see the CC19 coming in on a different input.
The clock was changing tempo all the time, but I think I figured it out, it might have been user error :-)
I went through all the virtual midi cables etc and removed all routings, then redid it today and now it seems to be working fine and following tempo nicely.

Not 100% sure but Im guessing there was some sort of midi loop on one of the virtual cables - too much routing! Smile
Amazing device this MRCC Smile
Oh good! Glad to hear it's sorted.
Jesse