Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC from Digitakt Not Sending
I have a Digitakt as the main brain of my setup.  I have Midi Out from Digitakt going to a Moog Sirin, Craft Synth, Analog 4 and Blackbox.  All of them receive transport and tempo but Program Change does not send.  What am I doing incorrectly?

This same setup with a Midi Quadra Thru box works just fine and I can change the programs by simply turning a dial on the Digitakt.

Any ideas?
Assuming you're not using any filters that would block those messages, it sounds like a bug. I'll get this tested here and see if we can get Steve to take a look under the hood. Thanks for letting me know.
Jesse

Hey asantarosa, can you let me know which FW you are running? If it's not the most recent I may have you do an update to see if that has been fixed already.
Jesse
I just retested sending Program Change and it works. I tested routing from the PC and from MRCC Input 1 to Output 1.

Definitely do a firmware update if you don't have 1.1.025 already. Its on our Download page

Assuming the Digitakt is on a 5 pin DIN Input. Are all of your synths on 5 pin DIN outputs?

Do you have any MODs or filters setup on MRCC?
OK, I followed the instructions to update the firmware and it bricked the device.  No screen, nothing.  Dead.
Oh dang, I know that looks scary, but don't worry you won't brick it. Be sure to get the FW from the MRCC page here:
https://conductivelabs.com/download/mrcc...re-update/

If the MRCC is connected to a USB hub, temporarily connect it directly to the computer's USB port for the FW update.

Double check the file name at the bottom of the Teensy Loader screen says MRCC.

That should get you back in action.
I'm having the same issue with my MPC. Program change is sent just fine through my Midiface 8x8, but is not sent with the MRCC. I do see green activity lights on the MRCC, but the synth doesn't receive anything. I have no filters set up. I also just upgraded to 1.1.025, without any change.

Additional info... From the routing screen I am seeing the PC messages, however if I go to the MIDI monitor page, I don't see any PC messages.
(08-03-2021, 02:57 PM)Darryl Wrote: Oh dang, I know that looks scary, but don't worry you won't brick it. Be sure to get the FW from the MRCC page here:
https://conductivelabs.com/download/mrcc...re-update/

If the MRCC is connected to a USB hub, temporarily connect it directly to the computer's USB port for the FW update.

Double check the file name at the bottom of the Teensy Loader screen says MRCC.

That should get you back in action.

Thank you.  Plugging directly into the computer was able to update the firmware without any problem.

Still no program change being sent.  My setup works fine with a MIDI Solutions Thru Box.
I think I've solved my problem. I noticed that the preset kept switching to C18, losing some of my routings. I think the MRCC was receiving control message from something in my setup, which was switching the preset. Setting the MRCC Midi Cntrl to an unused port has kept my presets where they belong (on User 1), and PC messages are now being sent.