Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midi note/drum mapping
I’ve got at least as many drum boxes as I do synths and it would be nice to have some functionality geared towards mixing drum sources.
I’d like a filter to be able to assign individual midi input notes from either a sequencer or e-drum pads to alternate midi notes for each machine. It would also be essential to be able to assign each note to an alternate midi output channel, perhaps even it’s own output port.
With this in place a user could simply change presets on the MRCC with a sequencer running and switch to a different drum source or any combination of drum sources on the fly. With the potential to build drum kits from multiple sources this could become super useful to electronic drummers as well. 
What do you think?
I think this feature is great, but it is missing some important additions:

1. should be also port based, not only channel based, because there are many of the same channels around, especially with the use as MIDI interface
2. import/export maps feature. There are already some widely used formats for this around, like cakewalk ones (formerly known as Sonar) and Reaper, both text based nd may be identical. Or use csv as transfer format that can be used with Excel (I have all my drummaps there).
---
bye, 
       Dietmar