Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assign port labels - not saved globally?
So I forget -- when I create new labels, they are automatically saved in the master list of labels.  Also, I cannot delete any of the factory labels even though I'll never use them, right?

When I use the Assign labels to ports menu, it appears that these label assignments are lost on power down.  The only thing I can guess is that I needed to save the routing patch I was using which means label assignments are on a patch-by-patch basis???

If that's true, I'd like that changed to have label assignments saved globally.  The whole point of a patchbay is that you dynamically change the patching, you don't dynamically change what is being patched.  The only time I edit labels on my Sycologic 16x32 is when I add or delete a piece of hardware.  I create and assign labels globally; routing information is saved with the patch.  The MRCC should also work this way.

(this is not a complaint based on losing an hour+ of work because I now have to reassign 34 input labels and 28 output labels for both MRCCs.  Really, it's not.  It's a complaint for the next time it happens)
Sorry for the late reply, you have to save a Patch to save the label assignments. For new users who haven't spent a lot of time configuring the MRCC, you could start with labeling the ports and save a patch with just the port labels, and load those into a few new patches and save them. Then when you edit the new patches the labels will already be there.

I really like the Global label idea too. Jesse has submitted this as a feature request.
Dang, I wrote a reply to this a while back. Must have left the page without hitting send, dang it.