Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MRCC won't boot, please help!!
I always appreciate your suggestions OGG, this seems like a great approach and though I have no hand in the implementation, as a user I would love to see something like this incorporated. I'll add this to the Feature Requests list and talk it over with Steve.
Thanks again guys,
Jesse
This same thing just happened to me - will not boot past the 7th led light although in my case this was not related to a firmware upgrade Sad I guess it's just some corruption... Before I try a reset is there definitely no way to save my preset configurations - they are super complex and doing them again will be horrific!

Given that in my case, this problem was not due to a firmware upgrade, it points to a more pressing need to be able to backup presets somehow - if this can happen somewhat randomly (as it has in my case) it is a significantly bigger problem
It is possible to open the configuration file/preset file on a computer and see how the routing was.
I haven’t been able to restore my presets from a previous preset file though because of lack of time but I would be surprised if it wasn’t doable. 

Just take the SD-card out and put it in a computer. I’ve used the inbuilt text editor on MacOS to look around in in the file and I would be very surprised if Notepad on Windows had any problems open it. (Right click and Open with…). Notepad++ is probably an even better program for the task.

Not sure if this is a SD-card thing (sd-cards are horrible to work with sometimes as they aren’t equally formatted from the factory/formatting device) but it would be interesting to see if the MRCC is more stable after a format with SD-card formatter. https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/
It has improved stability in my samplers with SD-card based storage.
(07-13-2021, 12:57 PM)oldgearguy Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 05:37 AM)Joris Röling Wrote: Thanks for chiming in and give your honest opinion that it's the users continuous asking for stuff (like bug fixes) that causes al this!

Sure, changes in features will bring changes in internal structures. But that should be less of a concern to the general user IMHO.

It was my own 'fault' to use the beta firmware, which I wanted, as it solved a bug I suffered (Exclusive Channel Map did filter the clock).

Still think a way of backing up / migrating to new 'structures' would be nice. May be in software?

Yes for sure.  I have been asking for either a remote editor or a sysex dump/restore feature since the beginning.  Be thankful you weren't in the early betas that also erased all your port names every update.    Angry

As a tradeoff - some of the new features added (like the new filtering/routing options) are wonderful and I'm willing to take the hit and re-do my setup to add those options.

Would it be possible to save the presets/configuration in a hierarchical file format (as someone already mentions JSON/XML) where the parser is capable of dealing with new formats on the fly at boot/load time?
DAW-less and going down the Eurorack rabbit hole.
I just have the same issue. I was working with beta software, but it happen with "no reason". There are few tricks to fix it. I'm not sure why it was happen, but it's related to latest/default configuration. MRCC try to load config file and... nothing.
I think there one of two options:
- logical problem with wrong parameters in preset and MRCC can't process it, or
- problem with sd card - file may be corrupted.

I picked sd card and check for errors in card structure - no errors. I opened files and save it (overwrite). It didn't help, MRCC still do nothing. So I simply remove defauld configurration (001.ini) and MRCC boot without errors (but without my default config). So it's simply problem with processing file. I keep another config file and it works.

It shouldn't happen for sure, we may not have a chance to do that in dawless configuration. We can use usb adapters for phone to do that without computer.
Let's just do a backups of configuration in other file or use empty, default config.
Hey User, Bleedmachine,
I'm sorry you folks are having to deal with this. Darryl just loaded a new FW to the website that has more detailed boot LED indication to help us determine what step these freezes are occurring. If you want to try loading that up it can be found here:
https://conductivelabs.com/wp-content/up...1.hex_.zip
If you run into another such jam, email me at support@conductivelabs.com and let's see if we can get a handle on the cause of this issue.
User, if you happen to have saved a copy of that INI file, send it to me and I'll have Steve dissect it.
Best,
Jesse
I kept all my previous ini files as backup, so I'll to upload damaged ini to MMRC again and check if it keep freezing. If yes, I'll send it to you, it may help.

Jesse, I sent you private message with that file, it will be faster if you check it before me.
Hello, all. Just wanted to chime in that I'm having the same issue (running 1.1.025). I'll do a reset (or a firmware update), and things will be great for that session, but the next time I turn it on, it gets stuck booting. I haven't gone so far as to remove the SD card and poke around, but if you need anything from me, let me know.

Jesse, as your message above indicates, the new FW is supposed to have more detailed boot LED indication. I'm seeing the same gradient pattern in 1-7, so I'm not sure what that refers to? The other number on the screen (beside the FW version) is 001-9999-2102 (EDIT: which I now see is the serial #).
(07-29-2021, 01:47 PM)a440 Wrote: Hello, all. Just wanted to chime in that I'm having the same issue (running 1.1.025). I'll do a reset (or a firmware update), and things will be great for that session, but the next time I turn it on, it gets stuck booting. I haven't gone so far as to remove the SD card and poke around, but if you need anything from me, let me know.

Jesse, as your message above indicates, the new FW is supposed to have more detailed boot LED indication. I'm seeing the same gradient pattern in 1-7, so I'm not sure what that refers to? The other number on the screen (beside the FW version) is 001-9999-2102.
Can you send me an email at Support@conductivelabs.com with phone number, I'll see if I can find out more info about the boot LEDs and give you a call a little later. Maybe let me know if there's a good time to ring in the email and I'll shoot for then. 
Jesse

(07-29-2021, 01:54 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:
(07-29-2021, 01:47 PM)a440 Wrote: Hello, all. Just wanted to chime in that I'm having the same issue (running 1.1.025). I'll do a reset (or a firmware update), and things will be great for that session, but the next time I turn it on, it gets stuck booting. I haven't gone so far as to remove the SD card and poke around, but if you need anything from me, let me know.

Jesse, as your message above indicates, the new FW is supposed to have more detailed boot LED indication. I'm seeing the same gradient pattern in 1-7, so I'm not sure what that refers to? The other number on the screen (beside the FW version) is 001-9999-2102.
Can you send me an email at Support@conductivelabs.com with phone number, I'll see if I can find out more info about the boot LEDs and give you a call a little later. Maybe let me know if there's a good time to ring in the email and I'll shoot for then. 
Jesse

Ah, here we go:
"Once the boot LEDs reach output LED 7 (loading preset), Input LEDs 1, 2 and 3 will light to indicate where in the preset load is in process so we can see more precisely where it hangs. We'll try to get it to hang here, but we don't have a way to reproduce the hang on demand so we will upload this to the web and wait for someone to report it."
Sounds like we're looking for which LED it gets to after it makes it to LED 7. Can you report back of it is making it A) to LED 7 in the first place, then B) does it make it to LED 1, 2 or 3 after that?
Jesse
Steve and Blake were able to find the issue! we should have a solution posted shortly! Thank you all for the assistance.
Jesse