Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Analog Rytm over USB doesn't work
Looks like USB MIDI doesn't work with Elektron Analog Rytm. I verified all settings on the Rytm, and it works over DIN, so looks like it's a USB issue. I had similar issues with RK006 and Analog Rytm, so maybe it's just finicky somehow?
(07-04-2021, 12:27 PM)ilmai Wrote: Looks like USB MIDI doesn't work with Elektron Analog Rytm. I verified all settings on the Rytm, and it works over DIN, so looks like it's a USB issue. I had similar issues with RK006 and Analog Rytm, so maybe it's just finicky somehow?

The USB only works on devices that are USB class compliant, and then there are some that we found don't work regardless of whether they are or not. We were able to make some adjustments to the code responsible for identifying devices when connected and fixed the issue for a large group of those that weren't working, but elektron devices were some we were never able to get working. I suspect it has something to do with overbridge (although the Octa never worked and it's not overbridge...). I'll see if I can point you to our spread sheet with the device testing results provided by our beta test team. 

Cheers,
Jesse
Good to know that's a known issue at least. To be fair, I also had problems getting Rytm work with the RK006 in hosting mode so yours is not the only USB host having problems...
Page 21 of the manual for v1.1.020 mentions a compatibility list on your site. Is that still in progress, or am I just not seeing it?
Here's the direct link the the MRCC USB MIDI Host Compatibility Tracker. Keep in mind, we collected a lot of this data while in beta, and have since made some big improvements to the USB Host code, so YMMV, but in a good way  Big Grin

https://conductivelabs.com/mrcc-usb-host...y-tracker/

By the way, I could not find anything that says the Analog Rytm is USB MIDI class compliant, only that they added USB Audio class compliance in firmware 1.60, and only for the mkII.
You may also add as working over USB:
- Keith McMillen - K-Board
- BBC2 Breath and Bite Controller 2
- Arturia Beatstep
- Akai Midimix
(07-26-2021, 03:46 PM)User Wrote: You may also add as working over USB:
- Keith McMillen - K-Board
- BBC2 Breath and Bite Controller 2
- Arturia Beatstep
- Akai Midimix

Thank you for sharing that!