Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moar Midi FX and tools
Looking at the Blokas Midihub I am somewhat envious of the desktop editor and all the midi fx and tools they have. Obviously the MRCC has lots of advantages in terms of IO and the ability to program it without a desktop app, super quick routing etc. but man all those midi tools and chaining options look powerful. Midi delay for one would be really nice, but being able to chain randomization and note repeats / sample and hold etc. would be a great addition.

Obviously it's a huge tall order to ask for a desktop app to edit the config, but maybe something usable could be built into the existing UI.

Edit: Drool on this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASruOUG2HIs
Hey,
This does look cool, we definitely have been following this device as well. While I don't think we are planning to do all of the same stuff that is possible in that one, however there are some cool features coming down the pipeline, and I know that the plan is to make some of the existing randomization features more robust, also Steve is known to get inspired and start creating new functionality from time to time, so we've got that to look forward to.
Cheers,
Jesse
wouldn't it be great if there was a force-to-scale filter in the MRCC that could be slaved to the NDLR?

I too am a fan of the blokas midihub (two here) & in particular the force-to-scale which I use on a doepfer maq. the NDLR can straighten out one of the maq's channels, but not all three, so I use the blokas, & am currently working on controlling it from the NDLR (I can set the blokas to follow what the drone does, for instance), or controlling them both from another sequencer.
but this limits my options in terms of chord shape & degree, as we're looking at multiple control messages to the blokas to put it into the right mappings.
something to think about for the future. if the NDLR could process more 'through' channels, that'd be the end of it, of course, but I guess there's a processor limit or something.