Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Routing bug
On the routing config page; tab to the input port, turn encoder lights cycle to the input port selected - that works. However, if I tab to the output port I cannot cycle through ports with the encoder.

On another note; the encoder has the same issue as the NDLR had; Sometimes a notch turn does nothing and you have to dial another notch in to get what you wanted. This isn't as big a deal as it was on the NDLR but it's still a little annoying and surprising to see the same issue on another product.
(06-23-2021, 06:31 AM)stephencarr Wrote: On the routing config page; tab to the input port, turn encoder lights cycle to the input port selected - that works. However, if I tab to the output port I cannot cycle through ports with the encoder.

On another note; the encoder has the same issue as the NDLR had; Sometimes a notch turn does nothing and you have to dial another notch in to get what you wanted. This isn't as big a deal as it was on the NDLR but it's still a little annoying and surprising to see the same issue on another product.

Hey stephen, 
The first issue is actually intentional, it only lets you cycle through already routed ports so if you are looking at the only output port that an input is routed to, it will not let you look at routing pages for others. The only way to set up a connection is via the buttons, this way you aren't accidentally spraying out MIDI to various channels while you are scrolling through output options.

If for some reason you have two outputs routed and are still unable to scroll between the routing pages, let me know as that would be something we need to look at more closely.

As for the encoder, the funny thing is that in this case it's a little buggy, but on the NDLR it is intentional rasterization, which was needed on the older hardware version with non detented encoders. We switched to detented a while back but since the old hardware is still used and supported we needed to keep the rasterization. 

For the MRCC we need to work on the software debounce a little. It's on our list and is high priority, we should have a solution sorted out soon.

Thanks for picking up the MRCC and we look forward to hearing more about how you're getting on with it. 

Jesse