Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible - Remote7 as 5 more Inputs?
If it's not possible then obviously not a feature request.

However, -- for me -- I could really use 11 TRS/DIN MIDI ports for inputs versus another 5 outputs.  Yes the 5 outs are a great addition, but given the ease at which the MRCC handles merging, filtering, and re-routing of MIDI data, more inputs would relieve some small headaches effortlessly.
We have a pretty well developed concept for how to add some inputs. We'll be making a prototype soon.

The idea is a little box like the Remote 7. It will have a USB client connection for connecting to a MRCC USB host port(s). 

Four 5 pin DIN inputs with 1x 3.5MM trs A input connected to one of the DIN inputs (mutually exclusive).

One 5 pin DIN Output with a 3.5MM jack which can be used simultaneously.

You will be able to route each of the 4 inputs in the same way we route the four USB MIDI virtual ports. So if its plugged into the A port, press and hold the input A button to select which of the 4 inputs to route. Then select outputs.

It might look something like this:

Or, you will soon be able to connect two MRCCs together...  Big Grin
wow, that's some excellent additions.  It's nice someone can buy a base config and then add pieces as needed to have it grow with their configuration.

Given what I've seen so far (with respect to processing power), the MRCC core should be able to handle these add-ons with no problem.