Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Syncing 2 NLDRs
Hi there!  

A shout out to you guys!  I missed being able to see you again at Knobconn in 2020!!

At Knobconn in 2019, I was discussing with the guys about syncing 2 NDLRs together so that you could have the master control the key and scale and slave that to the other one.  This way, I can use two to have say 2 drones of different configurations, playing in the same key and scale.  I thought that Darryl said that you could set them up this way, but perhaps I misunderstood.  

Ideally, there would also be a "master" mode (as an option) where one NDLR would control the key, scale and also the chord degrees as you push them - keeping them the same on both units.  This way, you could have more motif, pad or drone parts on the 2nd unit with different settings, modulations, etc. and jam out while keeping them in the same key.  I suppose I could use external keyboards and some midi thru boxes to achieve this, but I would prefer to try and use the units natively if possible.  Right now, I am manually "playing" the chord keys on each but it is combersome sometimes to keep in sync.   Any ideas one has would be great!

Thanks, 
Michael...
Hi Michael! We miss Knobcon too! I think we'll attend this year, but have also been thinking about going to SuperBooth.

Power The NDLR while holding the Shift and Menu buttons. Press the Drone button to enable C-Lync. Repeat on the other NDLR.

Now when you press a chord, or change key or mode, that will be reflected on the other NDLR. Its kind of an experimental feature, but I think it works. Steve was playing with it today, experimenting with a MIDI MOD feature using C-Linc and the MRCC MIDI Router Control Center.
I did not know that you could do this. I’d like to ask, if I may, how does one physically connect 2 NDLRs to do this? Is it via the usb connection or by midi?

Cheers,

Keith