Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RANDOM NDLR QUESTION
Why is the NDLR showing up as a Networking Peripheral in my network preferences ? its like my mac thinks its a modem
(04-29-2021, 11:54 PM)HeDiedEntangledInMidiCables Wrote: Why is the NDLR showing up as a Networking Peripheral in my network preferences ? its like my mac thinks its a modem

Huh, that's funny. It does have some serial interfacing going on maybe that's why. None of us owns a mac so it isn't something we would have even ever noticed. 

Jesse
(04-30-2021, 04:07 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 11:54 PM)HeDiedEntangledInMidiCables Wrote: Why is the NDLR showing up as a Networking Peripheral in my network preferences ? its like my mac thinks its a modem

Huh, that's funny. It does have some serial interfacing going on maybe that's why. None of us owns a mac so it isn't something we would have even ever noticed. 

Jesse
i mean.. maybe theres a majority window user base that also owns a NDLR but some of us use mac . its not exactly relevant because it has something to do with the signature of the usb serial from the NDLR . like .. i havent had any  issues , but i was wondering if it was another hidden networking ability or just a bad usb serial signature . ive only ever seen this before
with certain android phones
(05-11-2021, 09:03 PM)HeDiedEntangledInMidiCables Wrote: i mean.. maybe theres a majority window user base that also owns a NDLR but some of us use mac . its not exactly relevant because it has something to do with the signature of the usb serial from the NDLR . like .. i havent had any  issues , but i was wondering if it was another hidden networking ability or just a bad usb serial signature . ive only ever seen this before
with certain android phones

I should say that I am a Win user, but as I work to port the Library program to Mac I can tell you the NDLR on my Mac Mini shows up in the /dev directory as cu.usbmodem111111.
There is a tty.usbmodem111111 in the /dev/ directory, but cu.usbmodem111111 is what you want.
Using  CoolTerm it appears in the Port selection list as "cu.usbmodem111111" and CoolTerm will let you access it as a serial device.
Look at The NDLR Library API forum page for documents to play around with it if you are interested.

So I think the NDLR is doing what it is supposed to do, but then again I'm just starting out with Mac.

All the best
Royce
What I mean is that none of us at Conductive Labs owns a Mac. The NDLR wears a lot of hats in terms of USB, so it doesn't really surprise me, it should work for MIDI regardless of whatever port labels are coming up, but if not let me know and we can discuss troubleshooting. It does have some USB serial roles to play in some settings, but in terms of networking, don't plan on being able to use it to post your jams on instagram Wink
Jesse