Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB Host ports virtual In/out = 4/1
Thanks Jesse, really appreciated!

Just heard in the very long, but good 'Conductive Labs MRCC Live Stream for Synthesthesia 2021' video, that your collegues Steve and Daryl think very highly of you :-)
(04-10-2021, 04:03 AM)Joris Röling Wrote: Another device I'm eager to get my hands on, is the Electra One (https://electra.one)
This device has 2 IN and 2 OUT virtual cables over USB.
It would really help me if the MRCC would support something better than 1 OUT virtual cables over USB.

Thanks for posting this, it looks tasty  Smile
Just received the MRCC (as backer 39) here in The Netherlands. Very Happy.

But I'm a tat sad, as I was hoping the USB Host out (1x) would have been 'upped' to 4 by now. Not so (yet), but I keep hoping it might change...

From the manual: "All the MRCC’s USB HOST ports (A, B, C & D) each support four inbound “virtual cables” and one outbound."
Congrats Joris,
So the the USB host ports are x4, they are labeled A-D. The PC port is the only one that is just one port, however it does support 12 virtual MIDI connections so that you can route MIDI to up to 192 different MIDI channels! This allows you to connect to multiple Standalone Virtual Synths, DAWs, or route that MIDI anywhere you like, really. To route to one of the "virtual wires" as they are called, you select the source you are routing from and press it's routing button, then you press and hold the PC ports button and select which of the virtual wires you want it to go via the 12 output buttons which will now be lit white. The routed port will then be lit blue. when you release the PC port button the 12 output port lights will go back to normal and no longer display virtual wire routing. Think of this as a sub-menu for the PC port.

Let me know if you need any assistance as you go forward, either here on the forum or via email at support@conductivelabs.com, where I check for messages more often.

Talk soon,
Jesse
(06-16-2021, 07:46 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: Congrats Joris,
So the the USB host ports are x4, they are labeled A-D. The PC port is the only one that is just one port, however it does support 12 virtual MIDI connections so that you can route MIDI to up to 192 different MIDI channels! This allows you to connect to multiple Standalone Virtual Synths, DAWs, or route that MIDI anywhere you like, really. To route to one of the "virtual wires" as they are called, you select the source you are routing from and press it's routing button, then you press and hold the PC ports button and select which of the virtual wires you want it to go via the 12 output buttons which will now be lit white. The routed port will then be lit blue. when you release the PC port button the 12 output port lights will go back to normal and no longer display virtual wire routing. Think of this as a sub-menu for the PC port.

Let me know if you need any assistance as you go forward, either here on the forum or via email at support@conductivelabs.com, where I check for messages more often.

Talk soon,
Jesse

Hi Jesse, yes I do get this x4 (labeled A-D) virtual cable in USB Host, but only on the IN (!) side, the OUT side of these same port and virtual cables are x1, and I am sad about that side.
(06-16-2021, 12:09 PM)Joris Röling Wrote:
(06-16-2021, 07:46 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: Congrats Joris,

Talk soon,
Jesse

Hi Jesse, yes I do get this x4 (labeled A-D) virtual cable in USB Host, but only on the IN (!) side, the OUT side of these same port and virtual cables are x1, and I am sad about that side.
Oh yes, that is correct. I see what you mean. The thing is that most devices that you hook up via that port won't ever offer the possibility of more than one virtual port either way, (we currently know of 2 devices that do and on is the NDLR) so it didn't seem like much of a priority. If you know of more devices where that might be useful go ahead and let me know and I'll see if that is an area where functionality may have the possibility to expand. 
Jesse
Just to give a +1 on this, I also have the Midihub and would very much like to get 4 virtual I/O ports between the MRCC and Midihub
A +1 here, too, as I have a couple of Midihubs. Not sure how well the two devices would integrate, but would be cool if they did. I had thought about using a DIN pair to share a path between the MRCC and Midihub, we'll see, just setting up the new toy now.