Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Robust Pad Quantization Features and other Pad upgrades.
Lightbulb 
A. Currently Pad quantization has 3 settings. 

1/4, 1/8, none

Could this be expanded to : 

1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/6, 1/8, 1/12, 1/16, 1/24, 1/32.... none

without compromising the overall integrity/stability of the operating system?
(actually hopefully improving the stability/integrity of the operation system...)

I am requesting this because while I have found more stability with pad quantization set to 1/8th for use with the MV8800...this makes it much harder to trigger a chord on a triplet....and the current CC assignment has 3 integer values for 128 available integers...So by expanding the pallet of quantization and letting us "stick shift" the values via automation via external sequencers...it could be a win/win solution that is not too hard to realize.

B. Max pad voice limit to range... Currently if we raise the spread, it has a direct effect on the amount of voices used...I thought it would be nice to perhaps have a "range within" function...so triggering the pad with a limit of (x) voices...could be distributes across a wide range without trigger a hole heap of notes...but would "pick" them out of the range in either a random or predetermined format that was kept to (x) as the pad voice limit.

I am requesting this because triggering 14 voices at once is cool for some patches but sometimes unnecessary because it can cloud the frequency lanes as we use different synth patches...resulting in a muddier mix to manage...I love having lots of voices...but the range is what decides how many are triggered, it seems.

C. Pad Strum (direction) , Pad Strum (skip), Pad Strum (carry over):

Pad Strum (Direction): up, down, SeeSaw(up then down), Random.(the direction options would be added to the current midi cc assignment)...and triggered each time Pad is triggered.

Pad Strum (Skip) : there is a probability variable assigned to the Pad...for sparse, happenstance notes being struck...providing a different way to achieve generative tones, passing notes and embellishments.

Pad Strum (Carry over/Cascade): If a Pad is hit before a strum is finished completing itself, could a "carry over" variable be applied for a specific interval of BPM time(1/2,1/4,1/8 note)...so they could "cascade"?