Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NDLR Library - UPDATE 1.0.4 Windows
Hi all,

I have released an updated version (1.0.4) of the Library Program and I highly recommend you grab it.
Lots of bug fixes and a few new features.
You will need NDLR firmware, at least, version 1.1.078 
Windows is first OS to be completed, with Linux and Mac to follow.

https://www.bwalk.com.au/NDLR/NDLR.html

The Mac version 1.0.3 is now released. 

I am not really a Mac user so if things are weird, please let me know.

I am grateful for the feed back from some Mac users.

I am still really looking forward for any Mac people to let me know of any problems and 'undocumented features'.

A user tells me that the new Apple Silicon DOES work, but you need to use at least version 1.0.3 of the NDLR Library which is up on the web site now.

There is a user said it is working on Mojave (OSX 10.14 I believe)

The program was developed on El Capitan OSX 10.11.6 using the Cocoa interface and is a 64bit program.

That being said, my Mac is a Mac Mini from 10 years ago and the only other thing I have to test it on is a MacBook Air from 2012 that also has El Capitain on it.

Please let me know if it is working on anything else.

I will start looking at the new bug fix versions for Win and Linux and release the v1.0.1 for them in a short while.

PLEASE let me know how you get on (good or bad).

Perhaps a PM would be best.

All the best

Royce
Cool, I'll post that on our Facebook page too.
Great Royce, totally fine to post here.
Cheers.
Jesse
Wow, that's amazing. Will get some time to check it out, great work Smile
Hi all

The linux version is now up on
https://www.bwalk.com.au/NDLR/NDLR.html

Linux is not my normal OS and this is my first port using Lazarus, so please if I have done anything silly (highly likely) shout out and let me know.
(especially if you have solutions)

I installed Lubuntu to do the port so I would be interested if different distros have any effect on the outcome.

All the best
Royce
I made my first attempt to use the library software to save all of the data from my NDLR to my PC.

I maxed out all of the chord sequence presets and NDLR presets with some pretty complex arrangements.

After "fetching" the data from my NDLR the session file saved instantly and is 15KB is size. Does this sound about right? I guess I expected it to take longer to transfer all of that data and also to be a larger file.
Hopefully all these problems are fixed in the version 1.0.4 and Steve's additions to the firmware
Let me know if you have problems

All the best
Royce
(06-08-2021, 06:38 PM)Royce Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 09:25 AM)audiovapor Wrote: I made my first attempt to use the library software to save all of the data from my NDLR to my PC.

I maxed out all of the chord sequence presets and NDLR presets with some pretty complex arrangements.

After "fetching" the data from my NDLR the session file saved instantly and is 15KB is size. Does this sound about right? I guess I expected it to take longer to transfer all of that data and also to be a larger file.

Hi
Yes, 15k is about right for a Session file (Preset + Pattern + Rhythm + Chord Sequence data).
You can check by opening the .ses file in a text editor. It is an xml file, but that is just text.
The data is always in the order
Presets 1 to 8 (in 10 lines for each preset and lines 9 and 10 are shorter than the others)
Patterns 21 to 40 (single line)
Rhythms 21 to 40 (single line)
Seq 1 to 5 (1 very long line)
I haven't checked, but the program should complain when you load it back in if things are not where they should be or things are missing.

The .ses files can also be different sizes because the values are stored as decimal numbers as text, so they can be 1,2 or 3 characters long.
So a file with mainly big values will be larger than a file with mainly small values.

The fetch is quick as it is coming in at a very fast (compared to Midi) baud rate through a USB serial port alongside the NDLR Midi ports.
Sending to NDLR is a bit slower and I am assuming that it is because the NDLR has to write to flash memory.
Sometimes the NDLR complains there is an error (I assume it is not ready as the data is correct sent) so I send it again (up to 5 attemps).

I think we have a bit longer to wait for Steve to get to coding the 'save the Sequences' routine in the NDLR.
I feel sure it is a mad house at Conductive and I wish them well with 'all hands to the pumps' as they try to get out all the wonderful MRCCs they have promised to deliver.

So at least your Sequences are now safe on file while you wait, and you can continue to create.
Besides I don't think it is that big a deal.
You can always load them into NDLR Library program and send each in to the buffer from the Sequence editor.
Press and hold the SHIFT and you'll see the button on the bottom of the window change to 'Send this Seq to Buf'
Then you can save each one to the NDLR flash memory using the NDLR.

You can send them all at once with the same button without the SHIFT down, 'Store All Sequences'.
There will be errors flagged is you have 'Notify if there are errors sending data to the NDLR' selected in the Setup/Settings page, but that will only be warning you that they couldn't be saved.
The program will try to send the 'Save Seq' message 5 times so it takes a while to send.

The NDLR will have Seq 1 to 5 in the buffer and you can select and save each on to the flash memory if you want.

The big thing is, you don't have to save them at all, as once anything (Preset, Pattern, Rhythm or Chord Sequence) is in its buffer, it will play.
You really only need the flash memory if you are going to be somewhere without your computer (I know the NDLR primary design goals where to use it without a computer).

Mac version is nearly ready.
There is also to be a bug fix release for all versions at the same time.
I'll let you know when they are up.
Thanks for everyone's patience.

All the best
Royce

Thanks for the info.

When I try to open my saved, renamed session file in the NDLR Librarian it does not load. The presets, patterns, etc. remain the defaults after opening my file. Any thoughts on this?
Can I run the Linux version on a Raspberry Zero W with Patchbox?
(01-08-2023, 04:49 AM)racecube Wrote: Can I run the Linux version on a Raspberry Zero W with Patchbox?

Hi
The current Linux version is for a 64bit  PC.
There is currently no native version for Raspberry Pi.
Is there an PC emulator for the Pi? Perhaps it will run under that.

I thought I would develop one for my Pi 4, but I haven't really needed it.
If there is some more interest I might get back to it.

All the best
Royce