Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NDLR Library - UPDATE 1.0.4 Windows
Hello, I'm a new, happy, user of NDLR and I immediately searched how to import/export settings. While trying to re-import an exported session, I got an error:

"ERR"
<Line_2>&lt;PreL02-54,0,3,0,0,0,20,29,19,0,3,14,1,0,0,100,1,1,2,2&gt;</Line_2>
ERROR: Preset NOT saved

I have noticed that it happens when the 11th value (14, here) is higher than 6 no matter the preset.
The NDLR ver = v2.0.014
NDLR_LibWIN64_1.0.4
Hi,
this error seems to occur when the NDLR is busy with other things and writing to flash can sometimes take a bit of time (computer world type of 'a bit of time').
You have to remember that this serial port is also used to send sync messages to another NDLR, so make sure it is not playing if you are sending all the parameters.

If there is an error the NDLR lets me know and so I send the data line again (I try up to 5 times, as I recall, before I give up and tell you there is an error).

This error can happen quite a bit and seems to be worse on some pages that others.
The NDLR's best page to be on when sending the whole session in my experience is the screen that it starts up on - the page you normally have it on when playing.

You can send just parts of the data...
The error you showed is on Preset 2 so you could just go to the EDIT section of the program and on the Preset page there is a button on the bottom right that will just send the Presets.

All the best
Royce
Unfortunately, I did all as recommended (main screen, stopped, int/ext sync and repeated many times).

The error is on preset 6 (PRESET 6 not saved), so I'm not sure where to understand "The error you showed is on Preset 2":
<Preset_6>
<Name>Preset 6</Name>
<Line_0>Dump RAW Preset:6</Line_0>
<Line_1>&lt;PreL01-51,0,1,0,0,0,0,24,26,0,8,5,0,0,0,1,40,40,1,1&gt;</Line_1>
<Line_2>&lt;PreL02-54,0,3,0,0,0,20,29,19,0,3,14,1,0,0,100,1,1,2,2&gt;</Line_2>

In fact, the error happens each time the 11th value (14, here) is higher than 6 no matter the preset. Greater value were present in others presets but, once I change them (manually in file) to 6 or less, it never fails. Greater than 6, it always fails. No exception. I tried many export-import loops, too.

Edit: the issue doesn't depend of <Line_X>, it happens for each 11th element greater than 6 on any Line.
Sorry, you are right. I read (with brain disengaged) the "Line 2" thinking it was preset 2. D'oh (hits head)

So it sounds like you have only dumped the data to the app and later tried to reload it without editing it ?

"The NDLR ver = v2.0.014" is for the new version of the NDLR (which I don't have).

NDLR I uses...
The values for element 11 (starting at 0) in the lines for a Preset are (from my notes when creating the app)
Line Parameter Min Max
0 Chord Degree 0 6
1 Chord Type 0 6
2 Drone On/Off 0 1
3 Pad On/Off 0 1
4 Motif0 On/Off 0 1
5 Motif1 On/Off 0 1
6 On Off parameter 0 1
7 On Off parameter 0 1

As you can see above, a value of 6 should never be sent.

Perhaps things are different in the new NDLR.

So it looks like I will have to say that the Library program is only suitable for the NDLR I and NOT the NDLR II

Sorry I can't help. Over to you Jesse.

Thanks for letting me know.
All the best
Royce