Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pattern editor and midi input : Pg 46 of the manual
Bug 
NoteOn messages from a keyboard controller will also change the Step values when in the Pattern Editor. Each key press will also advance the Step one position and wrap at the end of the set Pattern Length. Note NoteOn messages must be received on The NDLR’s MIDI Control channel (Settings 1 menu) on any port (5 Pin or USB).

Ok for me this is a conflict of interest and I would like know how to turn this functionality off ASAP(please). I can program that ish via the interface and if I was to use an external controller it would be on a separate control channel(not the one I use to trigger chord changes).

We have a dedicated NDLR control channel that we use to choose the chords I-VII...which is the C-B key. 

Why would we use that same channel to program notes into a Motif’s melodic sequencer line? 

Please...help me understand. 

If I’m using an external controller and sequencer to select which chord at which time then I myself never need that control channel and those note on/offs reserved for chord selection to be used as step programming note values in the motifs sequencers.

Usage case(just so we are clear on the chain of events):

Chord progression is set in the external sequencer.

User has chords and timing on pad track(from external sequencer). 

User starts the motif...enters in to edit aforementioned motif.

At first motif plays as expected...until note on/off overrides values and then steps forward to next value....

What user actually really wanted to do was to have the pad and the motif(s) play into the same midi channel and edit the motifs because they knew they would embellish the pad track.