Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clock IN from Volca Sync
(04-20-2021, 07:06 PM)gopilot Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 02:35 AM)tkrhen Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 12:50 PM)gopilot Wrote: I've been trying to get the NDLR to accept external clock from a volca drum using the Sync Out to the NDLR Clock IN. 
I've set the NDLR Clock In to "ClkIn CV" yet the NDLR isn't affected by the volca's Tempo. Is it that the Sync rate isn't really CV but rather a simple square pulse?
My big question: is there a way to get Clock In from a volca?

Hello,

Try using mono jack cable (TS) for NDLR, the ones that came with Volcas don't work for sync in/out.

Thanks for the idea. Testing I can say that using a mono cable from Volca Out to NDLR Clock In doesn't work. However, using a NDLR Clock Out to Volca In works.
My latest workflow has been to use my Korg ER-1 MIDI Out to the NDLR In to control the master tempo.

Man, I love the Korg ER-1. Definitely one of my favorite drum machines. 
Glad to hear you were able to find a configuration that works for you. 
Jesse
(04-20-2021, 09:58 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 07:06 PM)gopilot Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 02:35 AM)tkrhen Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 12:50 PM)gopilot Wrote: I've been trying to get the NDLR to accept external clock from a volca drum using the Sync Out to the NDLR Clock IN. 
I've set the NDLR Clock In to "ClkIn CV" yet the NDLR isn't affected by the volca's Tempo. Is it that the Sync rate isn't really CV but rather a simple square pulse?
My big question: is there a way to get Clock In from a volca?

Hello,

Try using mono jack cable (TS) for NDLR, the ones that came with Volcas don't work for sync in/out.

Thanks for the idea. Testing I can say that using a mono cable from Volca Out to NDLR Clock In doesn't work. However, using a NDLR Clock Out to Volca In works (without having to be connected via MIDI).
My latest workflow has been to use my Korg ER-1 MIDI Out to the NDLR In to control the master tempo.

Man, I love the Korg ER-1. Definitely one of my favorite drum machines. 
Glad to hear you were able to find a configuration that works for you. 
Jesse

Yep, the Er-1 is such a classic (easy and intuitive to program on the fly w/ tons of programs & two gated inputs) for funky electronic sounds. I'm not as mobile as I'd like to be with this setup but for jamming in the studio it works fine. 

Scott