Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modulator for ALL Pause/Play?
Hello!  New owner and first time poster here.  I'd like to have a bit of a pause before changing keys, chords, or chord types to let pads and drones trail off and avoid some of the unwanted dissonance that it can sometimes produce.  So... is there a way to modulate the ALL Pause/Play rather than assigning a separate modulator for each part?  If not, an ALL Pause/Play modulator would be really helpful so you don't have to use up 4 modulators to achieve the desired effect.  I'm still getting my feet wet, so if anyone can suggest a different approach I'd be happy to give it a try.
Play pause all can be controlled via CC90 on the NDLR Ctrl Channel, I forget how the modulation works with sending CCs but it seems possible that you could send an LFO as a CC and send it to CC90 on that channel then loop the MIDI out back in? You'd have to be careful not to make a midi loop by sending notes and clock out as well. I'm not sure how well it would work, but it may be worth a shot.
(10-21-2023, 06:46 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: Play pause all can be controlled via CC90 on the NDLR Ctrl Channel, I forget how the modulation works with sending CCs but it seems possible that you could send an LFO as a CC and send it to CC90 on that channel then loop the MIDI out back in? You'd have to be careful not to make a midi loop by sending notes and clock out as well. I'm not sure how well it would work, but it may be worth a shot.

Thanks!  I'll have to give that a try.