Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
MMRC USB connectivity
I had some issues with the MRCC and Novation Remote Zero SL Mk II. The Novation would power up, but the USB socket LED on the MRCC never came on and I couldn't get the Novation to transmit through the MRCC. Once I hooked up an external PS to the Novation it was much happier.

Unfortunately I no longer have the Novation (consolidated on using the Electra One for all remote controller duties), so I can't say what the current status is with that device.
(06-01-2021, 02:55 AM)oldgearguy Wrote: I had some issues with the MRCC and Novation Remote Zero SL Mk II.  The Novation would power up, but the USB socket LED on the MRCC never came on and I couldn't get the Novation to transmit through the MRCC.  Once I hooked up an external PS to the Novation it was much happier.

Unfortunately I no longer have the Novation (consolidated on using the Electra One for all remote controller duties), so I can't say what the current status is with that device.

I would expect MRCC to power that one. Just be sure the USB/Off/Ext power switch is in the correct position.  If a device draws much more than 500mA on power up, it could trip the over current sensor, but then the host port LED would be amber color. 

My Novation BaseStation II consistently trips the over-current protection on the MRCC host, so I use external power. I assume they are violating the in-rush current restriction of the USB spec. Or maybe its just my BSII.
(06-01-2021, 10:42 AM)Darryl Wrote:
(06-01-2021, 02:55 AM)oldgearguy Wrote: I had some issues with the MRCC and Novation Remote Zero SL Mk II.  The Novation would power up, but the USB socket LED on the MRCC never came on and I couldn't get the Novation to transmit through the MRCC.  Once I hooked up an external PS to the Novation it was much happier.

I would expect MRCC to power that one. Just be sure the USB/Off/Ext power switch is in the correct position.  If a device draws much more than 500mA on power up, it could trip the over current sensor, but then the host port LED would be amber color. 

My Novation BaseStation II consistently trips the over-current protection on the MRCC host, so I use external power. I assume they are violating the in-rush current restriction of the USB spec. Or maybe its just my BSII.

Yeah, I tried various combinations of USB/wall-wart power plus powering on the gear in different order.  I think it was all documented in one of my posts to the beta forum a few weeks back.  (actually it was March 9th)
Hi guys just ordered this after my Motu started having routing issues are the usb ports capable of carrying an audio signal that would make it even more awesome 
Thanks
(06-19-2021, 11:08 PM)amiganut Wrote: Hi guys just ordered this after my Motu started having routing issues are the usb ports capable of carrying an audio signal that would make it even more awesome 
Thanks

Sorry no, the USB host ports don't pass audio. They are primarily meant for MIDI controllers, though we've tried a number of synths with USB MIDI that work.