Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scale change issue
I'm having this same issue with ALL NOTES OFF message screwing up timing when attempting a key change. Would really love to see an updated firmware with a fix for this.
This has been going on for a long time now. I analyzed the output and before changing key, it DOES send individual notes OFF, so it shouldn't be a problem if the CC 123 is skipped. I actually haven't seen in my tests a reason for it to be sent.

If there is a reason for it to be sent that we do not know of, maybe should be toggled on a menu individually per element (drone, motifs, pad). For me this is a show stopper! Maybe with the new announcement of the new NDLR 2 we will get some love on this issue with the updated firmware.
Unfortunately there were some issues in the way note offs are managed that presented edge cases where notes could end up not being turned off during scale changes (leading to stuck notes,) and the only solution that didn't require a prohibitively long rewrite of the entire code is to send all note offs between scale changes. Sorry, it can be a pain, but it's unfortunately necessary.